Coilover Fitment Question

illestaardvark

Hello!
Long time lurker of both 9th forums, first post. I’m running the standard RPF1 17x9 +35 with 245/40 tires on my 2012 SI sedan. I ordered some Tein Street Flex coils. My tires rub the spring perch on the front. A 3mm spacer provides clearance but not enough for my liking. I don’t want to run a larger spacer and have to swap lug bolts. I put my HFP struts with H&R springs back on but I’m not happy with the ride. I saw a guy on Facebook with the same setup and he is running Rev9 coils with no problems.

My question: does anyone have experience with this exact set up and coils that don’t rub? Specifically, higher quality than Rev9 (BC, Silvers, Ktuned, etc…).

Thanks in advance!

I recall safe Gabe running some meaty tire setups at the track. Might be worth shooting him a message

Or quickly scroll through this thread. I know some pics are broken since the thread is so old, but there are definitely a bunch of people who ran aggressive offsets and wide tires in this thread.

naw no bolts up front. Funny tho i had actually bought some spc ones but my alignment guy told me i didnt need them to do ~ -2.5 degrees in the front

i think the coilovers come with camber plates that ididnt know of or somthinnn lol

I recall safe Gabe running some meaty tire setups at the track. Might be worth shooting him a message

Or quickly scroll through this thread. I know some pics are broken since the thread is so old, but there are definitely a bunch of people who ran aggressive offsets and wide tires in this thread.
Thanks Webby. I did some digging in Gabe’s build and it looks like he’s running Godspeed coils. He posted about a bushing failure that Godspeed was aware of, so he replaced the bushings and kept them. So I *assume* he was running them with his 255 tires.

Back