Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberto0019

Virginia
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
corsport advertises items on their web page they dont even stock anymore. what they dont tell you is once u complete the purchase online they tell u the dont have the item and ask you to pick something else, once you ask for a refund they tell you refunds are not an option even though that contradict what their website states. I have ordered from most of the vendors on 9 th civic and have never seen business practice like this. Qick note. They dont even have a phone number to call if that tells u anything. Also i have been dealing with these guys on this issue for over 30 days now and only correspondence i have gotten are emails from corsport. Not even the descentcy to add a name . Dont get me wrong they were polite on the unnamed emails but the principle is i ordered a specific item they cant give me that item even though they stiill have my money. Dissapointed

Exact same thing happened to me, so I have to agree with you.
Item wasn't in stock, even though he had just put up an ad for it. It was slated to be in stock some months in the future.
He told me a refund was not an option. I told him yes it was.
I wound up letting him keep a small amount to cover the credit card fee, but I got my money back.
Lost my business for life.
If you paid with a credit card, you can do a charge back. Don't even bother trying to reason with him.

Wow, thats pretty different from the Corsport I have dealt with in the past. I can understand that frustration. They are definitely a drop shipper. If its not in stock in the warehouse they are sending it from they should be able to tell you that. Not defending whats been happening to you but they could be dealing with some terrible warehouses on their end and getting BS from those guys that they are passing on to the customer.

No refunds at all though? And after a significant amount of time? That doesn't sound right at all.

PS - the phone number thing... yeah....

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/what-happened-to-business-phone-numbers.13642/

corsport hasn't been on since saturday... unless you mean the others trying to call them?

If true, this is deceptive and unconscionable. No business should be charging for something until they ship it. Systems are perfectly capable of pre-authorizing a card upon initial order and then charging once confirmed the item is in stock and about to ship.

If I get the run around for more than a few weeks, I will just put a claim in with my credit card company for a refund. If a business gets too many of these, it is not good for them and their processor may drop them or increase their processing fees.

Also, while I prefer email communication, businesses that do not provide a customer phone number that is easily found on their website scream deceptive to me and I try my best not to order from them.

I bet they really only reply online to FB. I suspect that drives most of their business and Im sure they aren't the only ones.

I have plenty of experience manually processing credit card charges through a merchant account. We capture a certain amount when you place an order (No Actual charge) Just collect authorization to charge the card. Whatever gets shipped, then gets captured aka your card gets charged for the amount you previously authorized. Capturing is when monies are actually removed from your account. AFTER WE SHIP. hope it turns out well

We do our best to keep you notified of any changes to the status of your order. You may cancel your order and receive store credit or a refund to your original payment method (within 90 days) while the part is still on backorder.

Directly from the faq

I had read their faqs thoroughly when they were dicking me around before. I remember seeing that, and also another statement which directly contradicted it. Think it was 5 or 10% of my order payment which I forfeited. I don't exactly have my hands out for the rest of my money back, but like I said before, I'm not a customer of theirs anymore.

Disappointing. They were one of my favorites to order from and to recommend to people.

Try @THMotorsports - Ive ordered my last three items from those guys. They've been great to deal with and they have a phone number you can call. I did not get a tracking number right away from them but the item arrived before one could be generated. Interesting dilemma.

I had a salty experience with them as well. I bought my DownPipe from them and after 5 days of not seeing that it was shipped I sent a e-mail asking about my order. And the guy was really rude in the email I felt like I was bothering him. I was ready to ask for my money back. But I always have a hard time getting people to sale me stuff:sadbanana:

I haven't starting my ordering yet. But if this is what I can look forward to from them I will def be ordering elsewhere.

My exact conversation from April 2015:

Corsport: Hybrid is two weeks out on the base bushings, and I am still waiting for a solid date on the BC shifters, should be soon.

Me: OK thanks for letting me know. Could I have my money back for those 2 items then, for the time being please?

Corsport: I am sorry it costs money when you processed the transaction at checkout and it costs money for refunds, I cannot do that, I also cannot hold back orders without payment.
I can swap for other parts or give you store credit so you can check out on your own for new parts, BUT the BC is at least 12 deep on the back order already, if you dont want you want get one. The hybrid bushings I can replace with any other brand, we make them as well.

At this point, I opened a ticket hoping to get someone else...

Me:
Please cancel order of the following 2 back-ordered items:
1 x 2012+ Honda Civic Buddy Club Racing Spec Quick Shift Kit
1 x 2012+ Honda Civic Si Hybrid Racing Performance Base Bushings
Order Date: 3rd Apr 2015

Corsport: What would you like instead? Or can I put the credit back to your account on our site?
Tai

Me: Please refund to original payment method.

Corsport: Approve the 5% CC fees and I can do that.

Me: I approve that, thanks.

Corsport: Done.
Tai

I figured 5% probably wasn't worth the stress, but I hope my story serves up due justice.

Indeed. They've always been decent to deal with for me but I haven't had an issue yet either.

I had ordered billet pro shop base bushings and they sent me corsport shifter cable bushings. Turns out I didn't need them as i received a set with the bps short shifter that i had ordered elsewhere. They told me to send them back and they would give me store credit. I had to email them weeks after they received the return before they posted credit to my account. I will say they did respond to my emails very quickly. I used my credit to order hybrid racing shifter bushings which took almost 2 months to receive, which they never told me were on back order (which i expected them to be)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back