CT-E vs Kraftswerks for daily

falsettojonez

9ners,

Looking for input on superchargers. I am rocking a 13 Si and travel around 100 miles a day :barf:
really want to go boosted but having trouble figure out which kit is for me. Was wondering if there are any 9ners out there with either kit that can shed some light. Pros and cons for both, reliability, install, etc.. From what i think i know (lol) Kraftswerks has more HP potential but its all up top, kinda a diet turbo dont quote me and CT-E is more reliable but limited in power, more like NA on roids.

Any input/opinions/experience anyone has would be helpful.

Thanks.
:feedback:

When voiding warranty i would always go with more reliable, thats just me i don't have either kit but i sure wouldn't want my rig to blow up!

I've seen plenty of civic's, RSX's and other vehicles with higher miles and 0 issues with Comptech Kits. Personally I love mine, its nice when I want to get on it and when I am driving around with the family..well i'm still getting on it. JK its good at cruising speeds and no one can even tell its there.

@falsettojonez @Loppysaurusrex

I own a Kraftwerks kit on my 13 Si. I will say this, if you are eager for blow off sounds, snap your neck acceleration and maximum horsepower..... Supercharged is NOT the way to go. Go the turbo route. HOWEVER, if reliable everyday driveability is what you're after... follow this template.
  • Kraftwerks Supercharger kit P/N 150-05-1351
  • ClutchMasters Stage 4 SPRUNG 6-puck clutch and flywheel set P/N FX400: 08240-HRC6-SK
  • Deatschwerks 1000cc injectors P/N 17U-00-0095-4 or equivalent (Grams Performance for example)
  • Redline MTL transmission fluid (three quarts)
  • NGK spark plugs P/N BKR8EIX #2668 (one step colder)
  • Deatschwerks fuel pump P/N DW65c (320 lph)
  • RV6 catted downpipe (or equivalent) (2 1/2")
  • Skunk2 MegaPower 76mm catback exhaust (3")
  • Hondata Flashpro
  • Tuning by www.vittuned.com
This will get you good horsepower and torque ALL DAY, EVERYDAY. I have put 20,000 miles on this setup to date and its a fun, daily driver.
The exhaust is a little loud but it comes with a silencer you can install to lower the droning that can get on your nerves on long drives.
It's a fun setup but you have virtually NO TORQUE in the lower RPM range. So as long as your realistic about having a reliable daily driver, you won't be disappointed.
This kit already comes with a front mount air-to-air intercooler and you don't have to tap into the oil pan or water lines to cool the Rotrex unit. (less fluid lines, less leaks, less hassle)
Hope this info helps. Bottom line. The price of everything is what made me choose this kit. The fit and finish is really good. But it ultimately comes down to preference. So have fun researching.

Last edited:
In for updates. Both good kits from what I've read but CT-E seems to be viewed as the most reliable.

3 quarts of mtl? I thought it was like 2.2qts or something. Anyone can elaborate? I use two bottles of honda mtf.

MdQMZF.jpg

Maybe 3 if you're changing fluid types to do a full flush. If you're just refreshing it you probably don't need to flush as much through.

For a daily, reliable, fun driveable, easy install, go with an upgraded CTe kit with Vits supercooler and 2.95 pulley and supporting mods.
You'll have loads of low end torque and decent top end in a linear power band and be able to take charge of the road like never before.
Add e85 to the mix and st hello to big boy power.

Attachments

• 20150619_120350.jpg
    20150619_120350.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
3 quarts of mtl? I thought it was like 2.2qts or something. Anyone can elaborate? I use two bottles of honda mtf.
Full flush boss. If your going to need 2.2 quarts.... Well then 3 quarts is what you're going to need, right? If you only buy two quarts.... Well then you're short .2 quart. So yes... Get three quarts.

Clarification I think, mtl is the SC lubricant, MTF is the trans lubricant both different and require set amount of both.

For a daily, reliable, fun driveable, easy install, go with an upgraded CTe kit with Vits supercooler and 2.95 pulley and supporting mods.
You'll have loads of low end torque and decent top end in a linear power band and be able to take charge of the road like never before.
Add e85 to the mix and st hello to big boy power.
What did your setup cost?

Bought mine used with Merc cooler, 3.15 pulley, 4bar map sensor and injectors with pnp clips for 3900. Then I bought flash pro, catted down pipe, colder plugs, fuel pump, Hasport mount, and tune. I'm in about 6-7k.

Clarification I think, mtl is the SC lubricant, MTF is the trans lubricant both different and require set amount of both.
Ok, hopefully the final time... here is the fluid you need. IT'S called REDLINE MTL. NOT MTF. And the supercharger fluid as you stated is Rotrex SX 150 Traction fluid...... NOT MTF. rdl_50204_1.jpg th.jpg If you still need clarification after this.... we have different issues. Come on guys, just a couple clicks on a search engine.

Back