Custom Sunshade

orionspeed

Central Florida
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Has anyone had any luck finding a good custom windshield sunshade for your civic. I've had cheap-o generic auto parts store shades in the past that probably did more harm than good. After doing a little research online, seems like covercraft has some decent reviews. Anybody in Florida or other warm areas have any suggestions? Thanks!!!

I just ordered one on eBay. They claim that it's custom fit to your specific car. I'm out of town right now, but it's sitting in my mailbox at home.

Remind me and I'll post pics of it.

I paid about $30. I looked everywhere and tried every sunshade but none fit our massive windshield lol. So hopefully the $30 was well spent

The sun gets pretty serious now so I bought a standard size Auto Expression sunshade to keep inside cool and block UV damage. The length fits, but the width falls short, so it does not cover the whole wind shield , part of the dash board is still under sunlight exposure. what sun shade/sunscreen do you use? the standard size shade is generic, but the glass on civic si is kind of odd size. so if I don't spend 40 $ on carid.com, what options are there? Thanks in advance.

Merged thread with another one that just came up about sun shades. Maybe one of the users can give more feedback on the one they purchased, or check out the links above.

the sunshade is 39.95$ plus 12.95$ shipping via ups saver in heatshieldstore, but only 33.95$ plus 7.85$ shipping at Amazon "by HeatShield"
link is http://www.amazon.com/Sunshade-Hond...&keywords=Sunshade+for+Honda+Civic+heatshield

both should be the same product, but does the price difference mean a specific selling strategy or simply different market channels?
this is a bit confusing: knowing that one can get the same thing for 11$ less, who will order through the more expensive official website?

is the model Model: HD-82 the right one for Civic SI 2012+?
That's the model number for the sunshade I ordered from eBay. I'll post pics of it when I get home tonight and some daytime pics of it on Saturday

Here's my sunshade, installed. Got it for $29.99 with free shipping on eBay, brand new. Same part number as the OEM that Honda sells.

Definitely fits the height if the windshield, which most (if not all) sunshades were to small for.
As for the width, it's doesn't exactly fit end-to-end right now, with maybe an inch of uncovered space on both sides. But that could be because the sun needs to heat it up so it "stretches out".

Pics:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376124220.375280.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376124243.804212.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376124252.537514.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376124260.203358.jpg

These are pics I took inside my garage at night. I'll take some daytime pics tomorrow.

Looks like you bought the same one I did. Got mine last year about 2 weeks after I got my Si.
I love it, fits great, good quality, has a sewn in velcro strap to keep it rolled up. I just throw it in the floorboard behind the front seats. It's a little cumbersome to roll/unroll in the car as it is so tall for our massive windshield, but once u get used to it, it's not too bad.

Yeah I'm happy that I finally found a sunshade that fits, lol. Sunshades are really underrated IMO, they really help.

TattooedJp75 where did you get yours? And did it soften up after using it?

I believe I got it on amazon, and no it did'nt soften up lol, still sounds krackly when I roll it up
Ha ha, and almost burns my hands trying to roll it up in the afternoons after work. But all I think about is all of the dash/interior protection I'm getting.

Been about 10 days with my sunshade and it's working great. Still stuff but that's ok because it stays up without having to put the visors down. Probably because my broadway mirror is wide enough to hold it up

I've got a generic $8 sun shade that totally does not fit. Even after spending about 5 minutes adjusting it, I still find it has fallen down in the morning. Any great ones for the Coupe?

Back