Dealer Quality

TF_FB6

York, PA
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Ive gone to my local dealer 2 times and each time I feel there technicians don't care. First time was a oil change where tech. scratched my leather steering wheel. Honda ordered replacement tech. rushed to install scratched matte silver trim on wheel and installed wheel off at 15° from up and down and left his socket in my car. Every time its a huge ordeal, am I being a dick because im nitpicking them or has Hondas dealerships and quality gone down hill. Ive worked at many dealers including a Honda dealer 2 years ago and it was never like this. Anybody else having these problems to?

Everytime you do something to the steering you need an alignment done. Service advisors didn't add that to the work order so the tech didn't do it. The techs are paid on flat rates so sometimes they rush things. Also, they don't get paid for warranty work and they have to file with corporate honda to get paid so basically they are doing work without money.
talk to (not yelling/screaming) with the service manager and most likely they'll work things out. Or find different dealership near by.

Last edited:
Everytime you do something to the steering you need an alignment done. Service advisors didn't add that to the work order so the tech didn't do it. The techs are paid on flat rates so sometimes they rush things. Also, they don't get paid for warranty work and they have to file with corporate honda to get paid so basically they are doing work without money.
Consider talking (not yelling/screaming) with the service manager and most likely they'll work things out. Or find different dealership near by.

I haven't yelled or screamed at them yet just told them I have been unhappy so far. I have realized people work with you more if you work with them rather than going berserk on them. I just expect better quality I guess being that my old dealership was like that. Im sure the technician was in a rush when installing it hence that he left his socket and my scratch on the wheel. I more or less posted this to see if this is normal or this just happened to be a mixture of things and to not be so worried about it and continue on doing business with them or just doing the work myself on it (not a stranger to that).

It should not be normal, but every dealer is going to have different people and experiences. I'd seriously go elsewhere and see if another dealer is better. I drove 30 miles or so to another dealer last time I needed warranty work done. Night and day difference.

I've had mine over 3 years and take it in every 5000, so far they've done a great job and haven't f'd anything up in the process. It's just the dealer in my book.

the dealer i bought my car from turned out to be jerks. so I switched to another one and I'm very happy now

the first time i went to the new one i mentioned the poor service at the old dealer and I think that gave them a heads up to be extra helpful

It depends on the tech, when I was working for dealerships and someone was a pain in the *** customer some techs would be lazy because they were rude to them while others didn't want to hear the customers mouth so they did everything perfect, if it were me I'd switch dealers and start-a-new

I am one of those people who truly hate and fret dealing with getting service done at the dealer. Reading quite a few horrific-experience reviews, especially about the service manager isn't putting me at ease.

Even though I had one good experience at the dealer (except for the non-warranty work), my last visit cause me a pretty deep scratch, down to the primer, on the door sill. I don't know how they managed it, but it's not a simple shoe or cable scratch. It's very much a tool or a key scratch. Funny thing is, I like the way the wide door sills look on the civics and I keep mine spotless always.

I am not going to go back and argue about it since the damage has been done and the best they would do is to offer touch up paint or something.. as in, they are not gonna do a paint job for a scratch on the door sill.

But, the reviews I read online urge people to go the dealer 50 miles away, especially for warranty work. I decided not to use the dealer for any non-warranty work.

It's a shame the system is setup this way where customer service, especially for warranty work is beyond poor.

I hate going to my local dealership, I do my own oil changes and time them so that its not in the heavy winter months takes them about two hrs to get an oil change done both Honda and Toyota (got a 15 highlander) are super slow and service and knowledge about their own cars is questionable. Every visit is a teeth grinding experience just waiting to find out what they fked up any other dealers are about 60 miles away so there goes that option for warranty work

I am one of those people who truly hate and fret dealing with getting service done at the dealer. Reading quite a few horrific-experience reviews, especially about the service manager isn't putting me at ease.

Even though I had one good experience at the dealer (except for the non-warranty work), my last visit cause me a pretty deep scratch, down to the primer, on the door sill. I don't know how they managed it, but it's not a simple shoe or cable scratch. It's very much a tool or a key scratch. Funny thing is, I like the way the wide door sills look on the civics and I keep mine spotless always.

I am not going to go back and argue about it since the damage has been done and the best they would do is to offer touch up paint or something.. as in, they are not gonna do a paint job for a scratch on the door sill.

But, the reviews I read online urge people to go the dealer 50 miles away, especially for warranty work. I decided not to use the dealer for any non-warranty work.

It's a shame the system is setup this way where customer service, especially for warranty work is beyond poor.

Any Dealer/Service Mgr "worth his salt" would have touched up a scratch if you showed it to them in a reasonable amount of time. Unless the car was brand new it would be unreasonable for you to expect a paint job (on the full sill). Anyway get a touch-up kit from them and do it yourself.

I've only dealt with Honda once. Needed the radio replaced in my '09 FA5. LCD was damaged from overheating. No issues whatsoever.

I've had warranty work done through Subaru as well. Purchased a used '11 WRX and some high pitched squeal popped up after a the first week. Dropped it off and they called to ask if I've ever had an aftermarket Downpipe installed. They needed to drill out some bolt that wasn't the right size. Showed proof I just bought it and they covered the work. Second time was when I dropped the car off for this crazy grinding noise when depressing the clutch pedal. They replaced the TOB and greased the clutch fork under warranty even though it's technically wear and tear. I was happy especially since the car was a bit modified at the time.

Lastly, I needed some recall work done on my '12 Evo. ECU needed to be flashed and the CMC needed replacing. Considering the lack of Mitsubishi dealers around Chicago, literally one within a reasonable distance, everything went smoothly. Service writer called and asked if I was Tuned prior to re-flashing the ECU. Said he knew what people did to these cars and didn't want me to lose any tune. Thought that was pretty sweet.

Aside from that, I'd probably never bring a car to a dealership for anything other than warranty work. There are far better shops that specialize in every brand. I know a few technicians and have heard some shady ****. They're also paid pretty poorly, and without motivation, could probably care less what happens to your car.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Back