DIY DIY Bride door inserts

What'sUpDOHC!

Oahu,Hawaii
Vehicle Model
Si DOHC Beast
Body Style
4door
This is to help those wanting to change their material on the door.

TOOLS:
-drill gun w/drill bit

-screwdriver
-flat head
-3m spray adhesive

First you need to remove the cover that is in the door handle by pulling on it and pushing down the clip.

Unscrew screw.

Next you can pop up and remove the door controls and also remove the relays that are attached

Unscrew screw

Then from here you can remove the door by pulling on and popping it from one side and working your way around

As you can see there's screws to unscrew also plastic tabs that you'll need to break. I used the drill gun and bit and found was the easiest way.
Their should be 5 screws and 4-5 plastic tabs to drill

Pull out your door insert and remove the old fabric.

Then get your new fabric and if its not pre cut already then just trace your old fabric on your new one and cut out.
Make sure to test fit

Next spray the 3m adhesive on both the panel and new fabric and put it on while aligning it.

Then let dry for about 30 secs with using the 3m spray other applications may take longer.

The tabs I've heard you could use some epoxy to fill the tabs and to hold it.

Then put everything back together the same way you took,everything off and that's it!
Repeat process for the other doors.

Sorry for the short and boring DIY. iPad died twice and didn't feel like rewriting everything I wrote.
Still need to take some more pics and will be added tomorrow.

Last edited:
Bro came out great! I have a question, I want to wrap the silver/grey door handle things on the doors, do I have to take the whole door apart to take them out or can I pray those off?

edit: only the coupes have the door handles I'm talking about ugh!

Last edited:
Bro came out great! I have a question, I want to wrap the silver/grey door handle things on the doors, do I have to take the whole door apart to take them out or can I pray those off?

edit: only the coupes have the door handles I'm talking about ugh!
Do u have a pic of the handle? I can check to see if it can be removed without taking the whole door apart. But also I have a sedan.

Lol post a pic if u do wrap it!

yhuzamu9.jpg

Thanks brotha! I'm probably just leaving it on as long as I have my CF mugen knob the day I change shift knobs I'll probably take it off.
Looks good! I never noticed that we didn't have that handle in the sedan lol. I actually thought we did but I'm thinking of my 8thgen coupe.

i need to do this i have some scratches in my plastic.... not too happy. i have a couple in my door plastic and a wicked deep one in my back passenger side plastic...

i need to do this i have some scratches in my plastic.... not too happy. i have a couple in my door plastic and a wicked deep one in my back passenger side plastic...
Yeah man these plastics scratch real easy. Should try it. I remember seeing a lot of the 8thgens doing this to their cars so I figure I try it out and I think it looks pretty good.

Back