DIY DIY - Fuseable Trunk Lighting

AlienPrime

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si HFP
Body Style
2 door Coupe
Like many, i have found the lighting in the trunk to be outright miserable! I was storing the car tomorrow so i quickly finished up this job today after work and took pics for everyone who was interested

I swapped over all my connections to Fuse port 23 (intended to support 7.5A fuse) I placed a 10A fuse in anyways to leave room for future LED upgrading

I would also suggest getting add-in circuits
atm_fuse_block_extension_add_a_fuse_bp_hhh.jpg

You can order those HERE

Here's the layout and wiring you can see into the control panel

wca9O.sized.jpg

Fuse slot #23 is an ACC (Accessory) controlled fuse source, so once the key is in the ignition the lights come on, when the car is powered off and locked, they turn off, hence making the lighting in the trunk useful
You can see how they are connected here...

o4dYN.sized.jpg

Just wanted to show, the residential electrician in me puts wire connectors on everything. No soldering in this case

For those of you interested, i used the rear seat belt bolt as my grounding screw.
nfpJO.sized.jpg

This is what it looks like, and how i connected them.
They actually look much brighter in person!
8PUTI.sized.jpg

W5DTR.sized.jpg

For the wiring to get to this location, i simply ran a #18AWG wire to that location. Ran it under the door trim, to the rear seat, unbolted the seats, and ran it along the steel plating. If you're lazy you can just shove it in the cracks, just don't shove around any seat hinges
H0Qym.sized.jpg

All the tubes are actually held by Industrial HD 3M double sided adhesive tape.
hQxW0.sized.jpg

U9H4z.sized.jpg

A total of 4 tubes are used, at 18LED's each
zlLES.sized.jpg

gdePR.sized.jpg

oagyu.sized.jpg

Last edited:
Back