Dp and exhaust sound like crap :(

tsalmeri3

Put the invidia q300 with skunk2 dp and it's like embarrassing to drive. Exhaust is rattling on the braket that goes under the car about half way down. The hissing sounds like I have an exhaust leak and the rasp litterally sounds like there's a bunch of loose bolts rattling around in my exhaust. Anyone have this problem or tips to help? I have a hasport 62a rear motor mount. I'm thinking about taking the braket off under the car but not sure how that would affect the car.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Rasp will mostly take care of itself with a proper tune. Stiffer hangers could stop the exhaust from hitting the rear spring.

Get some torque solution exhaust hangers that will help, yes the rasp will get better with a tune, no matter what I would get a tune, running aftermarket parts on these cars without a tune is not so good performance wise and engine health wise. Consider the hasport upper mount as well, I had a rattle with my full race dp and exhaust and I got the torque solution hangers and 62a RMM and upper hasport motor mounts and the rattle went away.

Get some torque solution exhaust hangers that will help, yes the rasp will get better with a tune, no matter what I would get a tune, running aftermarket parts on these cars without a tune is not so good performance wise and engine health wise. Consider the hasport upper mount as well, I had a rattle with my full race dp and exhaust and I got the torque solution hangers and 62a RMM and upper hasport motor mounts and the rattle went away.
Hey for the torque solution hangers there is one with a flat bottom and a round top the one in the middle of the picture do you know where that one goes?

5f86476dc3b869377606149322bee7dc.jpg

@tsalmeri3 The top is for the rear of the muffler the bottom is for the muffler itself and the ones on the sides are for the midpipe and downpipe, I acutally have a set of 2 of the midpipe and downpipe hangers if you're interested in them they're new.

Have you checked how you installed it? You might just to re-adjust/wiggle things around...I have the full race set up it doesn't fit that well but managed to get rid of a lot of the rattling if not all of it (hits the rear spring she going over bumps)

Took down most of the heat shield in the back and the braket under the car sounds a lot better. The only thing left of when I push in the clutch and the car is revving down it sounds like a damn kazoo back there I'm pretty sure it's just how the exhaust sounds I'm hopeing a tune helps if not I'm going to probably swap the exhaust out with the megapower rr. Looking to do FI down the road anyway.

If you like loud than the skunk2 will be fine otherwise its going to be loud!

I feel like I like loud more than this terrible sound of exhaust trying to leave my muffler when I let off the gas. It sounds like if you were to cut the top of a balloon off and blow through it. When I think of a fart can.. This is the sound I think of haha it's embarrassing

Well I got the full race set up and I don't think it sounds fart can at all...once I got followed by a 350Z to the gas station to see what I had (I revved her in an underpass) cold starts are also loud, cabin noise also loud when under load or higher revs

I'll see if I can video what I'm talking about and you can tell me if you get the same noise from your set up

Yeah exhaust systems are a personal thing, it can get expensive if you don't get it right to your liking

Back