When: 16-Mar-2012 - 18-Mar-2012
Where: Deals Gap, North Carolina aka Tail of The Dragon & Fontana Village
Who: EVERYONE
What: (Isn't it obvious already?)
Why:
1. Because all the cool people are doing it
2. Because its fun
3. Because.
And lastly: To get together with friends whom we may not see for awhile, and do something we all love.

**The Plan**

I figure not everyone will be able to take off work during the week. No worries. We Understand. But those of you who CAN, feel free to show up early - You might actually have some others join you. (Personally, I won't be showing up until mid-day Friday, the 16th.)

16-Mar-2012: Everyone arrives at Deals Gap. Feel free to take this time to unpack, get settled, and make some NIGHT RUNS! No group events will be scheduled this day, as I imagine most people will be making their way to the Dragon, and may be exhausted.

17-Mar-2012:

11:30am (Local Time) - Everyone gathers at the Fontana Village Rec Hall ("#3" on the following map of the resort: http://www.fontanavillage.com/maps/map_village.pdf )

12:00pm (Local Time) - Depart for Lunch @ Pizzeria Venti (Vonore, TN) (Address Here: Pizzeria Venti ) Feel free to hit your favorite (or a buddy's favorite) highways for the rest of the afternoon. Or simply, do whatever you wish!
smile.gif

6:00pm (Local Time) - Dinner at the Wildwood Grill (Again, located @ "#3" on the Fontana Resort Map linked above.)

18-Mar-2012:

9:30am (Local Time) - Breakfast buffet at The Mountview Restaurant ("#1" on Fontana Resort Map)

• Staff
Nothing crazy....just come out and have fun.

awesome - you have friends planning the trip with you?

• Staff
:whatthelittleladysaid:

Buddy of ours is going back overseas for a long while so we are making a quick run out here to hang out before he heads out. He planned all the details, I just copied and pasted, lol.

Booooo.....there was a rock slide last night on mile marker 9.5. There is a news site that says it is open up to mile marker 8.5/the look out. We are going to check it out and see what the deal is....

We are staying at the Fontana Lodge. The Dragon is open from the NC side to the Lookoout, mile marker 8.8. :woot:

Had a nice nice run on the way back down. So for I have only seen 2 "hogs", 2 sport bikes, 1 utility truck and 2 cars on the dragon. Clean run FTW!.

so hows the new ride feel compared to your si? details

Def feels better, less roll and more grip. Grip might be because the BMW has summer tires and the Si always had all seasons. Still have to get used to driving it. Some areas I am keeping up with Mike in his S/Ced Si but he could quickly loose me if he wanted. I do wish I had more revs....some spots I am holding it at 6 grand. I could shift up and the right back down but I don't have the greatest brakes. Trying to be easy on them.

so do they have a spot you can turn around prior to the slide?

Welp... Finally got back home (Decided to stay the night in Charlotte, Nomar)
And BIG THANKS to Rob for posting up the in-car run up the mountain I did the day my pulley crapped itself.
Nonetheless - regardless of the issues, I had a ton of fun. Thanks to everyone for showing up! (It means alot. - I know there are several of you who couldn't make it due to life's circumstances, and I know you all were there in spirit as well. Thank you to you all as well.)
Ceramic Grease melted on the back of the new Hawk HT-10's
15egyvq.jpg

xng9z8.jpg

And... ONE days worth of dusting on the wheels
29mu29v.jpg

... And the great views...
ih2lgn.jpg

aeql9s.jpg

jt9mch.jpg

2mo2k35.jpg

4t6gif.jpg

2nc47zo.jpg