easy mods

Word3k

manchester, nh
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
Im new to e forum, so if i should of posted this somewhere else i apologize for that. Im looking to do a few easy mods that wont screw up my car. Ive owned a prelude sh 2001, 97 gsr, and a 2005 rsx type s. With all those cars you could do almost any bolt on and have no worries. The 2012 civic si i got it seems like when i do research on simple mods there always seems to be some dumb issue that pops up with the computer. Also what scares me from doing anything is that 3000 miles after buying the car, that only had 25miles when i bought it cause it was the show car i couldnt even test drive it, my controll arm broke. Honda said it wasnt my fault, which im like duh seeing as i didnt even rev past 5500 at that point, replaced almost everything in my engine and its been better than when i bought it. I only want to do simple stuff like a clutch, lightweight flywheel, intake and exhaust form the headder back. This civic is waayyy different than my pervious cars, so i feel uncomfortable trying what i would normally do in any other honda that ive owned. All i want is a little more power.

I know this is probably not what youre looking for but you could always do things like window tinting, adding interior illumination, changing out bulbs, etc.. Also A lot of people here love the Weathertech floor liners and I just got mine in today.. theyre amazing... Id really recommend it. As far as some of the mechanical things you are asking about I cant answer much as I just bought mine a week ago.. but no doubt some of the more experienced users here will weigh in. Welcome :)

Any typical bolt ons (intake, downpipe, exhaust) are relatively simple, especially since you have experience in doing mods.
The 9th gen responds well to most bolt ons, although to get noticeable gains, you'll need Flashpro and a tune.
it's not necessary, but recommended.

You can check the links in my signature to all the available bolt ons, along with reviews/videos/dynos for them.
Also, you can check out our sponsors for the best places to buy parts!
http://9thcivic.com/banners/sponsors.php

Welcome Word3K. Seems like you're on the right track. Not really sure what things are popping up on the computer after a mod other than some HID/DRL issues.

Any typical bolt ons (intake, downpipe, exhaust) are relatively simple, especially since you have experience in doing mods.
The 9th gen responds well to most bolt ons, although to get noticeable gains, you'll need Flashpro and a tune.
it's not necessary, but recommended.

One thing i thought of doing since i thought there would nothing to worry about is a lightweight flywheel and clutch to match, like I've done in all my cars, but i noticed a warning on the clutchmasters site. They said the lightweight flywheel can cause a chek engine light and a misfire. Getting the hondata flash would fix it. My only problem with that is honda is religiously checking my computer because they were blown away my computer didnt pick up on anything when my control arm broke. Also i dont want to raise my redline because of that. I know im being a little paranoid, but ive driven my past cars like an a## and never had engine problems. The tech whose done most of the work on my past cars seems to be very hesitant everytime i go to him with any ideas, so im out of my comfort zone with this car

Back