DIY Eibach 19mm Rear Sway Bar Install, Part Numbers Included

spazerboy

Surprise, AZ
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Coupe
Sorry for the crappy iPhone pictures.

Tools Required: jack and stands, 14mm socket, 14mm wrench, 10mm socket, 5mm allen key.
Difficulty: 3/5, really not too bad

Here is my shipping receipt from CHH for all the part numbers required to do the install. You really only need four of the bolts, but I wasn't sure, so I just bought eight just in case.

IMG_0203.sized.jpg

Inspect everything to make sure you have everything required to do the install.

IMG_0186.sized.jpg

IMG_0188.sized.jpg

Now for the install. First off, chock a front tire and lift the rear end of the car.

IMG_0189.sized.jpg

Second, remove three 10mm bolts from exhaust heat shield on the front side of the gas tank and one clip from the plastic shiled to access 14mm bolt.

IMG_0202.sized.jpg

IMG_0201.sized.jpg

Third, removed three 14mm bolts and remove the brace from under the gas tank.

IMG_0200.sized.jpg

Bolt from under the exhaust heat shield.

IMG_0196.sized.jpg

Fourth, remove 14mm nuts from sway bar end links.

IMG_0190.sized.jpg

IMG_0193.sized.jpg

IMG_0197.sized.jpg

Here is where the 5mm allen key and 14mm wrench came into play.

Fifth, remove four 10mm bolts from the sway bar brackets and remove sway bar.

IMG_0192.sized.jpg

IMG_0194.sized.jpg

IMG_0198.sized.jpg

Old vs new.

IMG_0199.sized.jpg

Closer comparison.

Sixth, remove four 14mm bolts and two sway bar brackets.

IMG_0195.sized.jpg

IMG_0191.sized.jpg

I got too excited installing the sway bar, so I completely forgot to take pictures of the actual install, but it's all done in reverse order. This sway bar makes a world of difference driving through corners. Body roll is minimal now, and I'm still running stock springs. I set mine at the top hole, which from what I've read is suppose to be the stiffer setting. I hope this helps DX, LX, EX, and EX-L owners out.

thanks for the great write up! That is quite a difference in size from oem. Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Oh yea, going from the LX having the 11mm sway bar from the factory to a 19mm sway bar was a HUGE difference!

You can't reuse the stock hardware? I bought a rear bar and I was curious if I really need to order these parts or not. Thanks.

Because with the LX brackets only needing to hold an 11mm sway bar, and the Eibach being a 19mm sway bar, the bracket that goes around the sway bar is bigger, which is why you need to get the rear brackets from the Si. In my original post, the ones that are marked 2 and 1 are the brackets and exactly what you'll need. You will also need 4 of the last part number if I remember correctly, because the bolts between the LX and Si for the C-bracket are different. Those bolts are too expensive though, so it wouldn't hurt to buy all 8.

Oh, I have an ILX. I'm going to have to do some sleuthing tonight to see if the brackets and all that are the same...thanks for letting me know.

No problem. What I did when I was looking up all the part numbers was being up the CHH site twice, and compared the LX to the Si for part numbers, and ordered what was different. You might want to just pull up CHH and what ever site you can find that has ILX OEM part numbers, and compare the Si to the ILX.

ok, so the ilx shares the following with the Si:
- Stabilizer Bushing (5208-SVB-A01)
- Stabilizer Bracket (52317-SVB-A01 & 52318-SVB-A02)
- Left and Right Stabilizer Links (52320-SNA-A01 & 52321-SNA-A01)

Am I good, right?

I just looked up the part numbers for the ILX base, and they are all the same part numbers that I had to order from the Si, so it honestly looks like you're good to go.

Quick question, my rear sway bar says its for 2006-2008 si 19 mm and also can I just use the stock bolts? I just have the sway bar and the bushings so far, btw I have the Si and just reassuring you said the Si stock hardware is reusable oh and do you even need adjustable links

Last edited:
Quick question, my rear sway bar says its for 2006-2008 si 19 mm and also can I just use the stock bolts? I just have the sway bar and the bushings so far, btw I have the Si and just reassuring you said the Si stock hardware is reusable oh and do you even need adjustable links

Yup, you can just reuse your original hardware, no problem. And I don't have any adjustable links, but I'm also on the softer setting for the sway bar.

Back