Everything needed for turbocharging

Stance Scene

Gwinnett, GA
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
CALLING ALL EXPERIENCED TURBO BOYS LOL!!! So I am a body guy all about aesthetics, I've bagged my fg4 recently and decided it's time for some boost, but I'm lost af and don't know where to start since there's SO many part options online ASIDE from the turbo kit alone, i.e. gauges, 4 bar map sensors, solenoid, ect.. basically I'm in need of a chronological list 1-10+ if that's what it takes. So far this is all i understand in a listed version:

1. Hondata flashpro
2. Exhaust
3. Downpipe
4. Intake (skunk2)
5. Turbo kit of choice
6. Tune (this is the scariest part for me because I don't understand how that **** works, and heard you have to BABY the throttle until vitviper is done logging)
7. Take over the skreets, get tickets :)

THIS is where I need you!! PLEASE correct my ORDERED list if im wrong, out of order or missing ANYTHING at all, feel free to refer a good turbo kit as well! Thanks guys if y'all need any help with slamming, bagging or fitment or anything looks wise, lmk! Thanks again guys, y'all cool af!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Here's my car so far

29d53b70a859ee276f07e90a65641692.jpg

what kind of power are you looking to make at the wheels, as that is going to dictate what kit and parts you will need to buy or what will be suggested

In the ballpark of 300-350whp MAX I understand that I CAN just swap to a bigger turbo if I want more but 350 seems to be the safest on the k24 if I understand, without rebuilding tranny and such...

If those are your power goals, I would look at the CT supercharger setup. If you want more power you can go with the aftercooled vitviper setup, or even go e85 to get into the 350+ range

Reactions: Nix
Ehh then I don't 350 i want more i guess lol I don't want a supercharger I love the sounds of turbo :)

Stock clutch is good for around 300 or so. 4 bar map sensor is needed for 10lbs of boost and up.

I said SC because you can retain a lot of stock items and you'd be fine. You can even run the stock exhaust on it. When you say you want the "sound of turbo", are you just referring to a blowoff valve when you shift?

supercharger is totally different... you get "whine"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFVqp0xyQmA

Stock clutch is good for around 300 or so. 4 bar map sensor is needed for 10lbs of boost and up.

I said SC because you can retain a lot of stock items and you'd be fine. You can even run the stock exhaust on it. When you say you want the "sound of turbo", are you just referring to a blowoff valve when you shift?

supercharger is totally different... you get "whine"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFVqp0xyQmA

I know a lot of people that switch from SC to turbo is why I'm under the impression that turbo is the way to go and can be more capable of giving me more options (future-wise) for what i want out of my car, I know a lot of people have had issues with the rotrex blower in the kw and honestly don't know much about ct and it seems like those kits are about the same cost as turbo kit, but honestly I'm down for a 350 turbo kit maybe 400 but def not 500, that seems like danger to the stock internals. But I am down for your opinion, firstly, is a sc kit safer, easier to install or cheaper? If it's about the same as a 350-400whp turbo setup, let's keep talking turbo at that point, if not then let's talk about CT SC [emoji41]

no comparison in cost. CT kit is cheaper / easier install / you can use a lot of stock parts including the oem clutch. I wouldn't advise the kraftwerks kit due to issues users here have had.

Full race turbo kit will run you around 6+ grand in parts depending on options (without the cost of flashpro). Another 600 or whatever if you use their exhaust. Add in a clutch and you see where this is going. No comparison in cost to a CT supercharger setup.

turbo setups allow you the option of turning up your boost/swapping turbos if you want more power. You are slightly limited on SC setups with what pulley sizes are available. If you want more, you can go into the aftercooled setup I linked above that vit sells.

View: https://youtu.be/NLmL580Im20

no comparison in cost. CT kit is cheaper / easier install / you can use a lot of stock parts including the oem clutch. I wouldn't advise the kraftwerks kit due to issues users here have had.

Full race turbo kit will run you around 6+ grand in parts depending on options (without the cost of flashpro). Another 600 or whatever if you use their exhaust. Add in a clutch and you see where this is going. No comparison in cost to a CT supercharger setup.

turbo setups allow you the option of turning up your boost/swapping turbos if you want more power. You are slightly limited on SC setups with what pulley sizes are available. If you want more, you can go into the aftercooled setup I linked above that vit sells.

Ok then, can you give me a list for everything you recommend I will need for a ct kit?

I think the list would go like this:

1. Exhaust
2. Downpipe
3. Fuel pump and 1000cc injectors
4. Ct kit (optional aftercooler)
5. Brake kit
6. Hondata and tune
7. Intake

Am I right?

Webby is right. I've only boosted b series and up to about 425 max. Clutch lasted for about a month. Shattered 2nd gear soon after. Stock internals never failed. Another at 325 on stock internals and clutch for about 7k miles before the turbo started leaking oil. I can only imagine k series are built way stronger. But no experience boosting k series so I'll keep my mouth shut. Yea and clutch kits are no fun to change out. Not technically hard to do but tons of labor.

Good luck man. Your car is clean AF.

Webby is right. I've only boosted b series and up to about 425 max. Clutch lasted for about a month. Shattered 2nd gear soon after. Stock internals never failed. Another at 325 on stock internals and clutch for about 7k miles before the turbo started leaking oil. I can only imagine k series are built way stronger. But no experience boosting k series so I'll keep my mouth shut. Yea and clutch kits are no fun to change out. Not technically hard to do but tons of labor.

So you would recommend supercharger too?

Thanks man

Back