Exhaust tip question.

mpheng

Calgary, Alberta
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Sedan
Hi there, sorry about the nooby question. I currently have a 2013 Civic LX and would like to add a simple exhaust tip for the chrome finish. I was wondering if 2012 and 2013 civics have the same stock exhaust as I would like to purchase this tip but it only states for a 2012.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Stainless-steel-Chrome-Exhaust-Muffler-Tip-For-Honda-Civic-2012-/140921852972?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20cf98d42c&_uhb=1#ht_2453wt_1344
I was also wondering if adding this tip would change the exhaust note at all, if minimal.

I'd be concerned about it being too short........ you want it to get past the plastic bumper........... I don't think there's any thing about that one that's going to change the sound.
Ask around on here before you buy things, so you don't waste your money. After buying something ppl are less likely to say something negative about it, ask before you buy.

I'd be concerned about it being too short........ you want it to get past the plastic bumper........... I don't think there's any thing about that one that's going to change the sound.
Ask around on here before you buy things, so you don't waste your money. After buying something ppl are less likely to say something negative about it, ask before you buy.

Thank you for the reply. Well do you think it would fit? This is how far my exhaust is from the bumper (sorry about quality)
2Fhks.png

I can't see how the new pipe will fit on your down sloping tail pipe. Also don't want the metal to close to the plastic either. Tread lightly with this mod.

Looked up the part numbers for a 2012 sedan and 2013 sedan, seem to be identical depending on the car's origin.
No difference to the muffler look.
2012:
2012.PNG

2013:
2013.PNG

Tip probably will fit (I think it mounts with the input angled upward and the output level)

Last edited:
I'd wait for some others to chime in.......another thing is the way it connects, with the screws, there's going to be a lot of escaping heat there, I'd want one that fits tight with a steel band to hold it.

Last edited:
Ya, that tip is fine. It will fit for sure. I just was looking at a 2013 LX today (I have a 2012) and it is the same. I like the black plastic piece the 2013 got. To confirm what Webby said, no the sound does not change. Don't worry about it being long enough to go completely past the bumper. If you look at the Si muffler you will see the tip is flush with the bumper. This tip is meant to be flush too. You're good to go. I just wish they made these tips without the hole, but I'm starting to get used to it.

Thanks for the reply guys!

I've seen the hole in the tip from your car Pauly, its a really nice ride. Anyways, is there any downside for the hole in it?

The screen across is a good idea because it will help a bit so you don't see the hole in the back. Mine doesn't have this.
I would e-mail the seller and ask what the measurements are......

This one below is more expenosive but might be bigger...some of these tips are smaller. You want a big one like the Si has.

These 2 indicate the measurements.

Bigger one....http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Stainless-steel-Chrome-Exhaust-Muffler-Tip-for-Honda-Civic-2012-/230956761050?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:2012|Model:Civic&hash=item35c6187fda&vxp=mtr&_uhb=1#ht_4982wt_1071

Smaller one....http://www.ebay.ca/itm/250789909841...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_5730wt_1156

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply guys!

I've seen the hole in the tip from your car Pauly, its a really nice ride. Anyways, is there any downside for the hole in it?

Nah....it just bothered me a bit at first, but I'm used to it now. The tip doesn't cost a lot and it's a nice easy and good looking mod to do. You can only see the hole when you're at a certain angle and, like I said, with that screen that will help block the direct view. You're good to go.

Nah....it just bothered me a bit at first, but I'm used to it now. The tip doesn't cost a lot and it's a nice easy and good looking mod to do. You can only see the hole when you're at a certain angle and, like I said, with that screen that will help block the direct view. You're good to go.
Also another question, how hard is it to install onto the pipe? It looks fairly easy with just a few tightening screws clamping on.

Yes, very easy. 5 minutes to do. :D

I think this tip was the very first mod I did to m y car along with tinting the windows. I had never modded a car before that. Well, the modding bug bit and I have learned lots, done lots and have lots of future changes coming up too. So, from screwing on a muffler tip my next mod will be to take the dash apart and install the reverse camera. I would have said you were nuts if you would have asked me if I would ever take my dash apart a little over a year ago. :)

Last edited:
2T71L.jpg
2T772.jpg
UPDATE! Yay! Finally after 3 weeks of waiting in the mail, I finally received my exhaust tip. It looks bigger than expected but overall, I'm very satisfied with it. Looks beautiful for only $15!

Last edited:
Having mixed feelings about this. The tip looks great but without a cutout, it seems out of place. Overall it does make it more aggressive. So it looks good but better if there was a cutout.

Back