mattsbobo

Bobopool: The Mod With A Mouth
VIP Member
Greensboro, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Well we've had one cancelled race, a Vettel dominated race, and this week brings us the Malaysian GP. With a brand new season that gives us things like KERS, "venetian blind" spoilers, a new tire manufacturer, a controversy between who can be called Team Lotus, no double diffusers, and on a sadder note...no Robert Kubica, what do my fellow F1 fans think may be in store for us this season? :popcornbig:

"Talk amongst yourselves"

bump - because there have been other F1 posts recently.

This is the first I've heard of it. I'd love to think that the historic Ring's place would be safe on the F1 schedule, but who really knows? High Overlord Bernie doesn't seem to give a crap about the history behind the tracks. All he's concerned with is the money. Wherever the money is that's where F1 will race. No matter if it's a communist, fascist, or democratic country, if the check clears that's where they'll race.

It's not really the historic 'ring.. but it's still a damn good track. I'm fed up of Bernie and all these "oil" desert races where there's no fans but a metric fuckton of money involved. They are all boring Tilke tracks and are replacing the classics.

I couldn't agree more Gingersnap. Oil baron races, Bernie and Tilke FTL... racing the entire ring again FTW!!!!!! :banana whip2:

How about Vitaly Petrov's "Duke Boys" jump from a few races back where he broke the steering colmn?

The steering column broke before he went off.. hang out on f1technical.net for all the techy stuff but ill still post here to helpbthe site grow :p

Spoke to a friend of mine yesterday. There will be nothing left to watch if he takes over! lol

i <3 F1!!!!!!!!

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes, Team Lotus GP, Mercedes GP, Force India, Scuderia Ferrari... those are my favorites.

as much as i WANT to like the obligatory winning Red Bull Renault team, i just can't find a way to.

in other news, has anyone seen or have the "Senna" documentary film yet? i've been on the hunt for it but nothing yet. a couple of the torrent sites show it but they're like 6-8GB in size. DVD-R i guess. idk how to mess w/ that. just want to see a simple DVD-rip.

2 more weeks until Turkey. 1 year since both Red Bulls collided and the McLarens almost did a number on each other as well. definitely looking forward to it. it's been an interesting season from the outset. here's hoping that continues!!! :D

ps- can't wait for the Austin, TX Circuit of the Americas to open. i would give anything to make that innagural race day trip in 2012!!!!

I'd love to see that Senna movie. I think it's going to play in a select few cities, but I have no idea where. I'll probably just try and pick it up on dvd whenever it's released.

How can you NOT like the REd Bull guys? It's about time we same somebody winning that wasn't in a silver or red car. :giggle:

more F1 stuff

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/05/04/rupert-murdochs-news-corp-and-agnelli-familys-exor-confirm-f1/

It may have seemed far-fetched when the news first broke, and Bernie Ecclestone may think it will never amount to anything, but the reports of a plan to buy-out Formula 1 have proven factual.

The initial reports indicated that Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation, together with an unnamed second investor (speculated to be connected to Ferrari), were looking into acquiring the commercial rights to the premier motor racing series, which are currently held by CVC Capital and directed by Ecclestone. That second party turns out the be Exor, the investment company owned by the Agnelli family and chaired by its scion John Elkann, who also heads up the Fiat Group... which in turn owns Ferrari.

Exor has confirmed that it and News Corp are interested in buying all or part of the F1 business, although it admits that its interest alone won't necessarily lead to the deal's completion. After all, CVC would have to be willing to sell, and sources don't expect that to come any time soon. But then, everything has its price.

The notion of Ferrari's owners also owning F1, of course, will lead to much speculation, particularly since the team's former chief executive Jean Todt already presides over the FIA, the body which governs everything about the sport that Formula One Management doesn't.

Good Race today. Proves the DRS needs to be improved as the front cars only used it to pass when around backmarkers.

Still trying to figure how how Mclaren can be a second down in quali and run status-quo with RBR during the race. Surely RBR can't have THAT aggressive of a map in quali?

good race. rather uneventful in the realm of accidents and such. but happy to see the McLarens do very well for themselves. i think Vettel is gonna run away w/ this years' championship. very soon.

Back