DIY Fabric wrap center console armrest (Picture heavy)

undeclared

I haven't seen this here so I figured I'd share my experience. This is my first DIY so hang with me and be gentle :)

Tools needed fabric, thin piece of plastic (old id card or credit card will work) small Philips head screw driver.

First pick out some fabric. I used a red and black checkered bandanna I had.
w0dyh4y.jpg

Next you'll need to trim it down a bit, I went with about an inch of overlap.
xlRYGJm.jpg

Now lay the fabric down and start tucking it in. If you take your time it will almost look like you knew what you are doing lol.
264Lcyn.jpg

Little more trimming
bHofzPV.jpg

Looking good
VtXXvOU.jpg

I moved to the back seat here
o0Aaxes.jpg

5A6dswx.jpg

Once you get towards the rear you will need to slide the armrest forward and remove the two screws, this will allow you to lift the rear of the armrest up and tuck it in. I started at the front and then figured this part out. It might actually work best to start from the rear so you can pull it tight.
E6UitZS.jpg

Now replace the screws, I actually screwed thru the bandanna since it was thin to help hold it.

Before
8wQkdwg.jpg

After
uo3WLoO.jpg

ilILvI5.jpg

It's super easy to remove and best of all cheap!

Hope you guys like it. :)

That's awesome!
You would never think of just tucking in some fabric, but it really looks professionally done.
Good job!

Love this! It adds so much to the interior while protecting it too (for people like myself who suffer from dog drool/hair). So easy!
Thanks for the DIY :thumb:

Thanks guys. I have another project i am working on I just cant find the wires that make the dome/map lights fade on and off when I unlock the doors. My connector is diff then the one pauly wrote about (I have a 13 SI) so I am still trying to figure things out.

Thanks for doing this. I'm glad someone else out there took the time. I pulled my entire center console apart, this would've been much easier. Either way it's a neat little addition to the interior.

I haven't seen this here so I figured I'd share my experience. This is my first DIY so hang with me and be gentle :)

Tools needed fabric, thin piece of plastic (old id card or credit card will work) small Philips head screw driver.

First pick out some fabric. I used a red and black checkered bandanna I had.
w0dyh4y.jpg

Next you'll need to trim it down a bit, I went with about an inch of overlap.
xlRYGJm.jpg

Now lay the fabric down and start tucking it in. If you take your time it will almost look like you knew what you are doing lol.
264Lcyn.jpg

Little more trimming
bHofzPV.jpg

Looking good
VtXXvOU.jpg

I moved to the back seat here
o0Aaxes.jpg

5A6dswx.jpg

Once you get towards the rear you will need to slide the armrest forward and remove the two screws, this will allow you to lift the rear of the armrest up and tuck it in. I started at the front and then figured this part out. It might actually work best to start from the rear so you can pull it tight.
E6UitZS.jpg

Now replace the screws, I actually screwed thru the bandanna since it was thin to help hold it.

Before
8wQkdwg.jpg

After
uo3WLoO.jpg

ilILvI5.jpg

It's super easy to remove and best of all cheap!

Hope you guys like it. :)
I'm doing this tonight

Back