Few hundred to spend....

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
Looking to blow a few hundred on a mod nothing to drastic any good ideas ???

Skunk2 exhaust, Skunk2 DP, DC SRI, Skunk2 springs, P2R TBS, Hondata, HC1400 battery i know i am missing some stuff just can't think of it all at the moment.

Tint?
Bigger TB?
RBC Intake Manifold?
Retrofit?

Tint is done and the TB and Intake Manifold are on my list just gotta wait until the CC is paid off from my last Splurge the wife sees another 1,000 or so on the bill i will be trading my SI in for a base model focus.....

You might have hit on something in regards to the rear sway bar. Not really to impressed with the way the Skunk2 springs feel maybe this might this might help until i can get some Coilovers in

i liked how the sway bar made my car feel, both with highway traveling and going around cornersand for under 200 dollars

Reactions: Nix
You might have hit on something in regards to the rear sway bar. Not really to impressed with the way the Skunk2 springs feel maybe this might this might help until i can get some Coilovers in

As good as a sway bar is, it doesn't have any effect on your shocks as such. It's for cornering and stabilizing the side to side movements.
But it will be one of the only things that give you that WOW feeling, you'll know you changed it.

YES!!! Great mod. It's how the cars should have come from the factory. Seriously.

I agree i work for Honda and when i first drove the SI when it got revamped in 2012 i was highly unimpressed but when the 13's dropped I just decided to bite the bullet and dump my 10 accord no regrets at all. Kinda irritated that they are gonna add the push button start touch screen radio and change the wheels again for the 14 model but it is what it is i guess.

Always happens. Hey, you've got a great platform to mod. Buy new wheels. Volk TE37s never go out of style. OEMs are "eh" at best sometimes.

Push button start? Talk about an opportunity to use a smart phone for hacking the key fob signal to your car and stealing it without a key..... I can't wait till that starts happening. I'll stick with the key and lock method of security thats been around since the middle ages.

Don't be touchin the radio while you drive! Pay attention to traffic and dont rear end me! hahaha , end rant.

lol i never even considered that but you make a valid point about the hacking but lets be honest even if you like or dislike the new features 3 models in 3 years is just crazy i get why they went back and rehashed it for 13 but again for 14 ? no need for it they are killing the SI model. And in regards to wheels I have been on the fence since i bought the car potholes around my area are the size of moon craters.

yeah, they have really been hurting the aftermarket with all the changes. It is the most hp/tq ever in a civic though. Pretty awesome for the non-enthusiast to jump into. It's hard to even keep up with the part number changes within Honda. I wish it was just cosmetics: hood, fenders, bumpers, interior panels, but interchangeable at least.

I hear ya on the potholes issue. I used to live in upstate NY, just moved in October last year so 6 mos?, and winter definitely kills roads and wheels. I ran 45 series tires and never had an issue. My wife is on 40 series tires and she drives bad when it comes to avoiding things. Her car also has some cheap XXR wheels on and the most damage she did was to curb the hell out of one at a Starbucks drivethrough. Unless you are going to drive straight into a curb, I don't think you have to worry about it too much. We hit some serious holes without problem. Horribly so a couple times. I could not believe we didn't get at least a flat.

All cosmetics and performance things aside what is really gonna be the death of the SI and the civic in general is the residual value when you decide to trade it in i can not give away 2012 civics of any model trade in value is horrible because they keep screwing with the car no one wants the previous models.

All cosmetics and performance things aside what is really gonna be the death of the SI and the civic in general is the residual value when you decide to trade it in i can not give away 2012 civics of any model trade in value is horrible because they keep screwing with the car no one wants the previous models.

Good thing I want to keep my 2012 then, but I've never bought a car for it's trade in value, and I usually keep them for a long time.
My last one I kept for 18 years. At 69 this may be my last anyway.

Hahaha dislike that post Monk... you must be planning on keeping that car for near 30 years then!

Hahaha dislike that post Monk... you must be planning on keeping that car for near 30 years then!

My Dad drove up to about 94, so who knows, But thx for your support..........:D

Back