First time owning a Sport Injected Civic!!!

yang xiong

Hello peps,

Just wanted to say hello since I have not had a chance to yet. This is my first Civic SI, been wanting one since the late 90's. Anyway, now that I got my first SI, I'm on the road to try and build 300hp na power.

Now, I know that it can not be achieve depending on how deep your pocket are, but If I can get at least 250 to the wheel, I be happy for now.

This is my list so far, bare with me as I'm still new to the scene and have been doing some homework on what I like to put on and what I'm possibly thinking when it's finish.

Skunk2 Cold Air Intake - composite one ($300) - 3.0 to 3.5 inch taper at throttle body
Skunk2 Pro Series Intake Manifold - ($500) - 70mm throttle body bore
SKunk2 Pro Series Throttle Body - ($450) - 72mm throttle
Skunk2 Header - ($350 - $750) - 3inch at the collector
Skunk2 Mega Power Exhaust - ($600) - 3inch piping diameter
Skunk2 High Performance Camshafts - ($365)
Skunk2 Adjustable Camgears - ($125)
Skunk2 Alpha Series Connecting Rods - ($365)
Skunk2 Alpha Series Valve Spring and Titanium Retainer Set - ($275)'
Skunk2 High Performance Valve Sets - ($255)
CP Piston Forged Piston Set - ($750) - 12.5 to 1 compression ratio with 1mm oversize - ( Not sure how big are the stock piston)
Cometic Street Pro Gasket Set - ($50)
Hondata Flash Pro - ($700)

Total: $5,000 to $5,500 - can I reach the bench mark of 250whp on my si with a Goal of 300WHP

- Note: if all else fail, GOING TURBO!!!! -

220whp is achievable with a 3" downpipe/exhaust, a 3.5" CAI, and FlashPro/tune. That is about $2k. $3-3.5k+ for an additional 30whp to 70whp (if you are lucky) is pretty steep. Better off going the turbo route. For $5.5k you could be at 440whp.

Are you sure all of the Skunk2 parts fit the 9th gen Si engine? I wasn't aware anybody had actually made cams yet.

The other thing to consider is if you go with higher compression pistons and are not happy, you will need to switch them out for lower compression (stock is 11.1:1) if you opt for the turbo route.

Yeah 8th gen k20 cams will not work on the 9th gen. Any reason for using all skunk2 parts?

im making ~240 with just boltons and your parts list could use some tweaking

220whp is achievable with a 3" downpipe/exhaust, a 3.5" CAI, and FlashPro/tune. That is about $2k. $3-3.5k+ for an additional 30whp to 70whp (if you are lucky) is pretty steep. Better off going the turbo route. For $5.5k you could be at 440whp.

Are you sure all of the Skunk2 parts fit the 9th gen Si engine? I wasn't aware anybody had actually made cams yet.

good perspective on ingredients and cost breakdown...

well if his goal is to make 300 na i would start with not doing anything to the stock k20 and buy a k24 block to put money into with .5 over bore and 12.5:1 pistons, the last k20/24 setup that i helped build made ~340 to the wheels
340whp NA on a k20/24 frank? I didn't think that was even possible.

Back