FlashPro and Bluetooth

I realized yesterday when talking with a customer on the phone that many of you might not know about the FlashPro Bluetooth feature. All FlashPros we ship now have this cool feature at no extra cost! The FlashPro Bluetooth feature let's you use your iOS or Android device to download the free Hondata Mobile app that can communicate with your Bluetooth enabled FlashPro. You can see engine operation from your mobile device, check and clear engine codes, monitor engine sensors, setup custom gauges, set your shift light, and more!

bluetooth_mobile_ipad_landscape.jpg

Hondata really up'd their game with this feature, and it's the most efficient way to do it too - basically leverages the iOS or Android device that most customers already have, so there is not need to integrate a costly color touch screen into the FlashPro. Good job Hondata!

See more information here: http://www.hondata.com/mobile.html

bluetooth_mobile_gauge.gif

bluetooth_mobile_sensor_list.gif

Last edited:
Hey so I was looking into this a while back and under the faq on hondata's site re: BT support it said you need to use FP >= 1.8.1. This version is only listed under "Beta" releases on the download page. How "Beta" is the release 1.8.3 linked on their site and do you have any idea how close a 1.8.x production release is? I'm a bit hesitant to use a beta version of FP manager especially because I'm still mid-tune and regularly pushing new maps.

Hey so I was looking into this a while back and under the faq on hondata's site re: BT support it said you need to use FP >= 1.8.1. This version is only listed under "Beta" releases on the download page. How "Beta" is the release 1.8.3 linked on their site and do you have any idea how close a 1.8.x production release is? I'm a bit hesitant to use a beta version of FP manager especially because I'm still mid-tune and regularly pushing new maps.

They are referring to the FlashPro Manager Software version 1.8.1 or newer. Of course, your actual FlashPro unit needs the BlueTooth chip in it as well. If you have an older FlashPro, check out this page for upgrade information: http://www.hondata.com/flashpro.html. The upgrade form is here: http://www.hondata.com/downloads/flashpro_bluetooth_upgrade_form.pdf.

They are referring to the FlashPro Manager Software version 1.8.1 or newer. Of course, your actual FlashPro unit needs the BlueTooth chip in it as well. If you have an older FlashPro, check out this page for upgrade information: http://www.hondata.com/flashpro.html. The upgrade form is here: http://www.hondata.com/downloads/flashpro_bluetooth_upgrade_form.pdf.

Yea I just tried it for myself, I had to download a newer flashpro manager (the 1.8.3 beta) and launch FPM (which then prompted me to upgrade the firmware on my flashpro) following the firmware update my flashpro popped up in discovery mode via bluetooth.

Yea that's where I got it from. I uninstalled the old version first because I was worried about potential driver conflicts. I run flashpro manager from a virtual machine though so I just have production and beta version snapshots now.

Do I have to do anything special when buying my flash pro to make sure I get the Bluetooth capable one or do they all come with it now?
Also does the software work well with Mac laptops or will it give me trouble?

Do I have to do anything special when buying my flash pro to make sure I get the Bluetooth capable one or do they all come with it now?
Also does the software work well with Mac laptops or will it give me trouble?

Nothing special needed. I would guess most all vendors now have the Bluetooth version (unless they do not sell many FlashPros and are running off really old inventory). Our shipments have been 100% Bluetooth since about Jan of this year.

hmm I got mine mid april not from you pro-civic :( and it says it supports bluetooth. All the blutooth options are on in FP manager but when trying to connect FP to the hondata app nothing appears in available devices to pair ( I have Iphone 4 w/ jailbreak).

I meant like when I'm leaving my car and like going into a movie or something. I wouldn't want a $700 piece of equipment being in my car waiting to be stolen. It would be a smart idea for them to make it unpluggable from the actual cable that way I could have it in my pocket or house when I'm not in my car. My friends access ports do that. Pretty smart idea if you ask me! Just something for hondata to think about! ;)

I meant like when I'm leaving my car and like going into a movie or something. I wouldn't want a $700 piece of equipment being in my car waiting to be stolen. It would be a smart idea for them to make it unpluggable from the actual cable that way I could have it in my pocket or house when I'm not in my car. My friends access ports do that. Pretty smart idea if you ask me! Just something for hondata to think about! ;)

That's not a bad idea. The cord just needs to be detachable at the point it plugs into the FlashPro. Keep in mind though, you could also hide your FlashPro in the knee bolster area so it is out of view.

Back