flashpro help.

There's a Hondata base map reflash that may be better than stock, but realistically you are going to want to get it tuned. I had Vitviper do my tuning and am quite pleased. His base map that I ran for a while before I had time for full tuning dynoed at 189HP and was perfectly drivable.

Also, how long does it take to do a tune with Vit? I don't want to pay the 190 bucks and it take 3 months of a reflash here and there.

Look in vitvipers forum here. There are coupon codes that will make it less than that, and even more reduced when you're just all-motor (not turbo). People say it drives better/better throttle response throughout the powerband with the tune.

It's not an overnight process tuning. You do 3rd gear pulls and send him logs and he adjusts it. A lot will depend on you sending him the logs. The longer it goes on, the better the tune gets. Some have 30+ revisions, but I'd wager it wouldn't be as drawn out on a basically stock setup.

Where should I set the launch limiter at? What's a good set up for the vtech window?
DO NOT attempt to modify settings if you do not have experience doing so. Pay someone experienced to do it.

Lol I wasn't going to. I'm to scared. I didnt know If the launch control was a user preference thing. I'm going to use @VitViper but I can find any discount codes on the forums. Does he offer military discount? ?

I ran a base map from vit that we later dynoed at 189HP before doing a full dyno tune with other mods. The base map I was running actually had really good AFR, which isn't so surprising given how many similar cars he has tuned. That was with a FR catless downpipe and exhaust plus PRL CAI. Full dyno tuning took a couple hours, doing e tuning will take much longer with lots of iterations.

Oh also, no big deal to change your own launch RPM. Don't mess with the VTEC points unless you really know what you're doing. You can royally mess up your motor if you set it too low.

He'll give you a base map right away. I never bothered going farther than that until I was ready to dyno tune it.

Oh also, no big deal to change your own launch RPM. Don't mess with the VTEC points unless you really know what you're doing. You can royally mess up your motor if you set it too low.
Ohhh **** I put mine at 4750 just so I could hear it engage better, the stock setting at 5000 I couldn't hear the shift like at all. I don't think that'll be to bad would it?

@Scornio - I doubt that small change would be much of an issue and that's definitely not too low... Hondata has info about tuning on their site, but unless you really know what you're doing, I wouldn't mess with much more than simple settings like launch window, speed governor, rev limit, etc. VTEC engagement at too low am RPM can damage an engine. Improper timing and fuel metering can likewise damage things.

@Scornio - I doubt that small change would be much of an issue and that's definitely not too low... Hondata has info about tuning on their site, but unless you really know what you're doing, I wouldn't mess with much more than simple settings like launch window, speed governor, rev limit, etc. VTEC engagement at too low am RPM can damage an engine. Improper timing and fuel metering can likewise damage things.
Yea I left all that alone il let vitviper handle all that once I get my DP to get it tuned.

Back