flashpro

Murcethecurse

Hey 9thcivic i have a question about flashpro why does the lower elavation from sea level make it have better horsepower? And since i live in fresno california and im 296 feet above sea level is that a good gain on my horse power?

Internal combustion engines need air to burn fuel. In higher elevations, the air will be thinner. Meaning that the air will be mixed with other gases that can lower the engine's performance. The higher the elevation, the the air's pressure and density become lower.

Ever see people try to climb mount everest, or other tall mountains? They have a hard time breathing because the air is so thin at altitude. No different from a car trying to breath at altitude. Same principal of a turbo/sc/nitrous application shoving air into the engine to boost performance.

Hey 9thcivic i have a question about flashpro why does the lower elavation from sea level make it have better horsepower? And since i live in fresno california and im 296 feet above sea level is that a good gain on my horse power?

Pretty much anything below 2000 feet should have relatively the same performance. When you get above that it starts going down. Especially places like Denver.

there's an edyno from a guy at 7500 feet elevation in peru and he made 145'ish whp. so yeah... elevation can rape your power output.

Back