Flipping an engine?

Sinub

Southern California
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Sooo I have yet another question, what does flipping an engine mean specifically and what does flipping the head of an engine do, what would you have to do, and what is the real major advantage/point to it.

247 × 344 - usmessageboard.com
I don't know for sure if he's looking at an engine when he did this.

Honda flipped the F20B/H22A for their JTCC accord. They were restricted to 2.0L engines and were trying to squeeze as much power out of them as they could. They were getting close to 300 NA WHP out of those setups, but theres substantial cost involved. they had a custom built transmission because the gears have to spin the other way. I don't see much reason for doing it now because we have a K series which already faces that way.

Honda flipped the F20B/H22A for their JTCC accord. They were restricted to 2.0L engines and were trying to squeeze as much power out of them as they could. They were getting close to 300 NA WHP out of those setups, but theres substantial cost involved. they had a custom built transmission because the gears have to spin the other way. I don't see much reason for doing it now because we have a K series which already faces that way.
There's somewhat of an answer I was looking for, how would flipping the head of.the engine actually help? Can you go in more detail?

There's somewhat of an answer I was looking for, how would flipping the head of.the engine actually help? Can you go in more detail?
Intake manifold on the leading side of the bay lowers your intake temps (mainly for individual throttle body setups). Not that big of a deal for a street application other than parking lot points, but in a race situation, every single pony helps.

I guess something like this? Lol.
1017658_10151512791260888_468522397_n.jpg

Back