Front Camber Bolts

AlienPrime

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si HFP
Body Style
2 door Coupe
Hey guys so i bought front camber bolts (as i was told 16mm to fit the 9th civic) but the bolt diameter itself is much smaller on the new bolt as apposed to the older one. Anyone have any ideas? Someone told me that the bolt needed to be smaller to fit inside the knuckle.. but i just don't understand it entirely :/

Also, the nut on the bolt does not thread on all the way. The Nut has little stoppers on it so it barely goes on, and there is no way to tighten past that... quite confused :(

Anyone have any advice?

Thats weird :think: im not sure about them being short but mine are thinner than stock too but the the thick part in the somewhat center of the bolt is what adjust the camber and slides into the knuckle of the control arm so the highest part of that thick somwhat center part ...face them out away from the engine is positive camber and toward the engine is negative camber havent adjusted mine yet ...im sure this probably wont help you but for those who are wondering about how they actually work ...

but if there too short in lenth then it might be the wrong part for sure.

From other posts, the Si has a larger diameter bolt. You might have ones for the non Si model.
ahh shitt :(

also, does anyone know what the little peice of metal is between? like what do i do with it? hahaha sooo confused lol

2827197696_6a396688df_o.jpg

"tab" and "handle"???

AlienPrime you said they wont slide into the knuckle right ? you said you got the 16mm bolts i think its the 14mm that you need :think:

corsports has them and all their bolts are 14mm

check out corsport all their camber bolts are 14mm

well at least we figured it out and no more confusion bro:cheerleader: order 14mm's and you good to go ....up to 1.5 drop you'll need just a pair and more than that from 2-3 inch drop you''ll need 4 bolts ..

Last edited:
already bought 4. and was going to buy 4 anyways even without a drop

14mm is going to be a thicker bolt? this doesn't even make sense :(

ohh goshhh lol

i'm so lost.. the ingall ones on procivic are 16mm tho.. and if i have 16mm and they are too small how is getting 14mm any better? lol sorry not trying to push the envelope but i'm genuinely confused lol :confuzzled:

procivics ingalls bolts say this at the bottom .

Note: If you own a 2002 non-Si Civic, you must measure your stock strut bolts to see if they are 14mm or 16mm, and then select the correct application from the list (in the picture below, your stock bolts are located where it says "Fastcam Mounts Here").

so its posible that you have the 02 16mm bolts.

Last edited:
9thgizzyguy. Was that under 2012+ Civic or 2012+ Civic Si? Because I still see 16mm under 2012+ Civic Si.

Last edited:
Back