FRS (GT86, BRZ) vs RX8 vs S2000 Review

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
This is the Most-Requested Comparison we've come across on our show and elsewhere... the much Hyped FRS taking on the well loved RX8 and Honda S2000.

While these challengers are no longer available new, they are real cross-shopping options for many people. So, can the New Kid actually be better than the old guard?

The guys spent a beautiful day on a favorite road to find out.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jImHTWfj8aM

:popcorn:

Subaru so needs to come out with a BRZ-STI model. I may have gone with the BRZ/FRS if they had 5 seats. Was also looking at the Genesis coupe, same problem.

Like one of them said, I am also not a fan of convertible cars. But the S2000 is an exception.

Not gonna' lie, the Subaru BRZ is the only car causing me to question wanting an FG4.
Invoice is only $24,500, so not much difference between an FG4 w/Navi.
I just feel the twins are too hyped up right now, and I won't actually use the car to its full potential. Annoys me when I see people driving around in a fully built track car that have never been to the track. I'm getting older, and I doubt I'll be "drifting" anytime soon. Especially in a car I'm financing.

Yet another argument that Honda should have still made the S2k, i know sales were not that great but the car is great and i think the price tag was high enough to make up for that. 3 engines in 150k for RX8, wow. I did not know that.

My brother's 05 RX8 is still fine. I guess those broken rotaries are from the owners that put synthetic oil in their RX8s.

Last edited:
This>All

a4yruvap.jpg

I raise it with Evasive's S2K. :D
4267746082_169398bbd7.jpg

Ray is a great photographer btw.

Sometimes, Spooning is the right choice.
spoon.ap.hardtop2_d.jpg

Not to pull this thread anymore off topic, but have any of you driven one of the twins yet? Also, don't take this as a "Car vs Car" debate.

Not to pull this thread anymore off topic, but have any of you driven one of the twins yet? Also, don't take this as a "Car vs Car" debate.
I think we have 2 users now who bought the brz/fr-s

Back