fullrace or ultimate downpipe?

witz

I'm thinking of buying one of those downpipes but I don't know which one would be better? I've searched and looked for dyno comparisons but no one has done it yet. Can people with experience with them please chime in and let me know the pros and cons of each one?

Thanks in advance

I love my ultimate racing downpipe
Great sound and great power

I have the full race down pipe (high flow cat) and its paired up to a Full Race exhaust. I love it!! It has a really nice deep tone to it. I would highly recommend it. Once I get a air intake and a tune ill have dyno numbers. But I will say it sounds 110% better and seems to be more responsive in the 4k-Redline stage. Sounds AMAZING when going wide open throttle...not that I do that often. Lol

I'm looking for comparisons of the full race and the ultimate racing one with no cats.

I'm looking for comparisons of the full race and the ultimate racing one with no cats.

They had a guy with a prototype DP with no cat, as you would imagine its a little stinky. Plus I believe it would throw a check engine light. There may be a way around that, I'm not 100% sure.

And I don't believe Full Race has released these to the public yet. I was fortunate enough to receive a prototype with a high flow cat.

Full-Race's DP is finally available. One thing I am going to bring up just for assumption purposes is the location of the catalytic converter on each DP. It seems as though all of the aftermarket downpipes have a "hiss" at certain throttle rates/RPMs.. In videos I haven't really noticed this with the Ultimate Racing DP.. could this be due to the Cat being immediately after the inlet?

I am not sure.. I have the RV6 catted DP and the "hiss" definitely isn't aesthetically pleasing. I will say Full-Race products look like they're of higher quality workmanship and material... I am actually considering selling my RV6 DP and swapping to a Full-Race setup myself.. I thought I would avoid the "hiss" by going 2.5 as I was confused to what caused it.. I thought only the Full-Race had that sound.. but since it isn't the only one apparently, so no point to have a 2.5" pipe

Last edited:
you sure you don't have an exhaust leak?

Positive. I asked RV6 about it and they confirmed it's normal.. same story as Full-Race they confirmed it. It's the sound of the valves tapping which is amplified by the stainless steel metal they use (caused by having an integrated exhaust port - even the TLs and such have confirmed the same sound).. Geoff confirmed it from FR and Rich from RV6. On speakers you can hear it in the videos.. it's like a metal rattle, hiss sound.. it's hard to describe.

Last edited:
I know what you're talking about.
I have the metal high flow cat in mine and it makes a sound under acceleration, but I wouldn't describe it as a hiss.
More like the sound of air being sucked in by a metal vacuum...if you can imagine that

I know what you're talking about.
I have the metal high flow cat in mine and it makes a sound under acceleration, but I wouldn't describe it as a hiss.
More like the sound of air being sucked in by a metal vacuum...if you can imagine that

It's definitely a difficult sound to describe.

I can attest to the hissing sound. I would say it's a pinging kind of sound. Either way I've had mine on for about 12,000 miles or so and I believe the sound has somewhat dissipated. I think it's from the carbon buildup.

I guess hiss was a bad way to describe it.. It sounds like tiny nails bouncing around ever so often lol

It's not a huge annoyance it's just not an aesthetically pleasing sound. I am on the stock catback so that maybe affecting how much I hear the DP vs the exhaust sound.

I've got the catted Rv-6 and an Invidia full catback, you can really feel the gains. It sounds raspy....really good. I def wouldn't say the fr is a better piece, maybe there is a leak.

Last edited:
I've got the catted Rv-6 and an Invidia full catback, you can really feel the gains. It sounds raspy....really good. I def wouldn't say the fr is a better piece, maybe there is a leak.
It's been established by the manufacturers of these parts it's normal. I am not considering the full race because the RV6 is an inferior part.. I am considering it because I have a CTSC on the way and I haven't selected a catback yet. It'd be slightly beneficial to go 3" exhaust. I am still undecided.

Right now, I am VERY satisfied with my RV6 pipe..

Last edited:
As far as quality goes I'm sure Full Race and Ultimate are very similar. It would be sweet if someone had both and did a comparison. But I'd be surprised to see a huge difference in quality. I went with Full Race because they are local to me and have a stellar reputation making high quality parts.

I don't like that ultimates down pipe is a 2 piece design. Just more bolts to worry about loosening up.

Back