Functional FB

bry_si

Charlotte, NC
Hello everyone. Thought I would introduce myself on here. My name is Bryan or B-Ry and I picked up my first Civic Si back in February after someone totaled my 2011 Accord V6. It's been a few years since I had a modified Honda/Acura and have mostly been messing around with Subaru's. I just recently sold a 2010 Subaru Forester that I had built for overlanding and off-roading but after nearly 3 years in that car I think its time to build a super functional, track/mountain carving car. I ended up purchasing a 2012 Si sedan and right away I noticed the paint is terrible on these cars. I really wish the previous owner took advantage of the extended 7 year warranty on the paint but they probably didn't know about it. The problem areas are the hood with tons of crows feet, the roof, and parts of the trunk. There are some small weird dents on the fender but its not something I'm super worried about. The interior of this car however is in mint condition and tbh that was my main reasoning for getting this car. You always want a nice interior since that is where you will spend most of your time. The car to my knowledge has never been modified and by just looking at the underside...its one of the cleanest I've ever seen.

Like I said, this isn't my first Honda...in fact it's my 7th. My overall plan wasn't to really sell the Subaru but the used car market is insane right now and got more than what I was asking for so it was a no-brainer. Cant wait to dive into this car to really see what it can and cant do.

These photo's are from the day I picked it up with it parked next to the Forester.

Mod List
Exterior:

- APR Performance GTC-200 Carbon Fiber wing
- APR Performance GTC-200 2.5" risers
- 20% tint
- Window rain guards
- Seibon carbon vented hood
- Yellow Sabelt front tow strap
- 3M carbon wrapped roof

Interior:
- Hybrid Racing Maxim Knob
- Hybrid Racing Maxim boot collar

Wheels and Tires:
- Konig Hypergrams Matte Black 17x9 +40mm
- Falken Azenis RT660 255/40/17
- Konig Hypergrams Matte Bronze 17x8 +35mm
- Ichiban 20mm spacers with extended studs

- Enkei TS-V 17x9 +40mm (sold)
- Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 255/40/17 (sold)
- OEM wheels (sold)
- BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2 215/45/17 (sold)

- Muteki SR48 extended lug nuts

Engine and Drivetrain:
- K-Tuned 3" catback exhaust

Suspension:
- Yellow Speed Racing Dynamic Pro Sport Coilovers
- SPC camber bolts maxed out at -1.75*
- Progress Tech 24mm rear sway bar

Brakes:
- Hawk HPS 5.0 brake pads front and rear
- Hawk HP+ brake pads
- ATE Type 200 high temp brake fluid
- Wavespec slotted rotors

Lighting:
- Sealight 6K hi-lo beam LED lights
- Sealight 6K LED fog lights

Last edited:
I have already ordered a few goodies. I have noticed that this generation has the terrible shift boot droop. I'm pretty sure the clips around the collar have broken off and I have tired doing the zip-tie method and it's just kind of cheesy.

I went to one of my favorite sites for parts, JHPUSA, and ordered a new shift knob from Hybrid Racing and got the weighted stainless steel Maxim knob which weighs in at just over a pound. Should feel really good in the hand and offer a much smoother transition to each gear. I also ordered the Hybrid Racing shift boot collar in black and stainless. Should be a nice and not over the top look to the inside of the car. I know they can get hot during summer so it may or may not get powder coated but we'll see.

3/11/21
Today I also purchased the Progress Tech 24mm rear sway bar with end links. After doing some research this should really help the rear end rotate out of the corners and maximize the driving experience. Im not sure if I'm going to mess around with the front sway bars until I get a real good feel from the car. From what I've seen is it's almost unnecessary to touch the front. I did not order through Progress and instead saved about $50 and got it through somewhere else.

I also pulled the trigger on some H&R Sport Springs. Coilovers aren't really in the budget as of now, especially for some track oriented ones and I'm working on picking up a set of Koni yellows from someone for a good price. They have around 1k on them and should offer a better ride than stock shocks. I bought them from Tirerack which saved me about $30-$50 from other places.

3/13/21
Also went over to a friends place to mess around with the track spec S2K. He's running nearly the same setup I want to go with. The front calipers on the Si are way bigger than the S2K so as far as caliper clearance on his car it was a lot. On the civic it was literally mm's and same for the back next to the strut. It didnt hit but having a lower offset should fix that. These were 17x9 +45 with 255/40 Hankook RS4s. This spec in nearly flush on stock ride height and looks so damn good.

3/21/21
Well, I went and purchased some wheels and tires lol. The hypergrams I wanted are on backorder and Im not entirely sure when theyre gonna be in stock sooooooo I ordered a set of Enkei's. I didnt get RPF1s, cause everybody runs those (for good reasons). I ordered the Enkei TS-V's in 17 x 9, +40mm and hoping its a good sweet spot from ppl running +45 and +35. I also went and ordered Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2's in 255/40 square. This thing is gonna have tons of grip!

I thought I recognized that picture as I just commented on your other post. Welcome!

I signed up for my first track event at Carolina Motorsports Park for HPDE 1. Can't wait to learn a new skill in how to really drive your car. I ordered the SPC camber bolts as well as Hawk Performance HPS 5.0 front and rear pads. They are rated for street and track and offers 20-40% better bite and less brake fade/dust. Also gonna be running high temp HP600 fluid. I do plan to upgrade the brake lines to braided ones from Heeltoe.

Anyway, heres how the car sits right now. This wheel spec is spot on imo. Glad I went with the 255's. I only get rub on big dips in the road but hoping when I get the camber bolts installed it should fix that issue.

I have been looking at possibly doing a front splitter down the road and looking at the Devsport one. For attaching it to the car, I think I'm gonna go with these Professional Awesome quick release chassis mounts.

View: https://youtu.be/Wg4tc1UF1WQ

Back