Garmin VIRB XE Auto Racing Bundle

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
I was wondering if anyone has bought one of these yet? I was looking at a GoPro then noticed that the Garmin had one that seems pretty cool.

I've seen YouTube vids on it. I think if you do a lot of track or autox stuff it's pretty cool. Some of the stats and overlays could be helpful for keeping track of how you progress and stuff.

Yeah I seen some video's on it. For the price it seems to be a good buy for what you get. I also wonder how accurate the Data Relay is. And how good the Picture and Video quality is vs. The GoPro.
I almost bought it today just to try it out but 400$ is a lot of money.

Way cheaper than any of the Motec units. Most of those track displays are like $2k minimum.

@jrotax101 may have a suggestion on a better device for track timing that won't break the bank.

image_display.php

This is prob the most in depth comparison I've seen showing video side by side between the two in a ton of different modes and scenes

View: http://youtu.be/Pii9Vb55Njk

Nice video I did not come across that one on YouTube thanks. But I guess it all depends on what you want or what you will be using it for. but I do like more of the features of the Garmin but for the sound not so much.

Way cheaper than any of the Motec units. Most of those track displays are like $2k minimum.

@jrotax101 may have a suggestion on a better device for track timing that won't break the bank.

image_display.php
This is the first time of me hearing about this mo tec engine management and data acquisition systems. I really need to stop sleeping under this rock.

Oh nice 200$ sounds much better but with it being in a water resistant case I wonder if the sound would muffle like the Garmin

Oh nice 200$ sounds much better but with it being in a water resistant case I wonder if the sound would muffle like the Garmin
You could do what nomar did on the dragon most likely. He had a mic cable going into his engine bay to capture sound. I've always had mine in the case while driving. Protects the lens from bugs and rocks etc.

Back