DIY Genuine Modulo Sports Pedals - Manual Transmission

FB2Chris

DIY: Genuine Modulo Sports Pedals - Manual Transmission
Installation of automatic transmission pedals may follow this DIY as the process includes similar steps.
Difficulty: 1/10 - Time: ~20 minutes

Before:
dscn0919q.jpg

After:
dscn0939v.jpg

Required parts (pictured below):
One (1) Modulo Sports clutch pedal cover
One (1) Modulo Sports brake pedal cover
Note: The brake and clutch pedal cover are the same size.
Six (6) 1/8” rivets
One (1) Modulo Sports gas pedal cover
Six (6) 3/32” rivets
Three (3) metal bars
Six (6) washers
dscn0918t.jpg

Yes I realize one of the 1/8” rivets is mixed in with the 3/32” rivets.

Required tools (pictured below):
Drill
7/64” drill bit
Rivet tool
dscn0917dd.jpg

I recommend spending the extra few dollars on a good rivet tool. After the first pedal I had already broken my rivet tool and ended up finding a heavy-duty rivet tool for the same price.
dscn0934a.jpg

Installation process:
Step 1:

Remove both the brake and clutch pedal rubber covers; discard.
dscn0920u.jpg

Notice three (3) holes are already pre-drilled in each pedal.
dscn0921o.jpg

Step 2:
Clean off both the brake and clutch pedal in order to remove any debris.
dscn0922yt.jpg

Step 3:
Remove each rubber cover from the Modulo Sports brake and clutch pedal.
dscn0923i.jpg

Place one (1) rubber cover over both the brake and clutch pedal.
dscn0924w.jpg

Place one (1) metal cover over both the brake and clutch pedal rubber covers
dscn0925a.jpg

Step 4:
Using the rivet tool, install each 1/8” rivet into each of the three (3) holes on both the brake and clutch pedal.
dscn0927l.jpg

dscn0928o.jpg

Step 5:
Once the brake and clutch pedals have been securely installed, place the Modulo Sports gas pedal cover over the existing gas pedal. Using the drill along with the 7/64” drill bit, drill six holes as pictured below. Clean the existing gas pedal in order to remove any debris.
dscn0929o.jpg

dscn0932wc.jpg

Step 6:
Using the rivet tool, install each 3/32” rivet into each of the six (6) holes previously drilled. In addition to using the six (6) 3/32” rivets, use the three (3) metal bars and slide them in the available open space on the left side of the existing gas pedal under each row of rivets. Note: I forgot to use the six (6) included washers, however the pedal itself is tightly sedure without them. When utilizing the washers, one (1) is placed onto one (1) 3/32" rivet which is then installed into the previously driled holes - repeat for the remaing five (5) rivets and washers.
dscn0948u.jpg

dscn0949tx.jpg

Finished product:
dscn0940nz.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Complete at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage done to yourself OR your vehicle.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention, I didn't use the six washers that were included with the pedals. They're secure enough to go without.

webby Since the pictures within this DIY have the "9thCivic.com" logo on them, are they hosted from this site?

Last edited:
All of the diy's & images are backed up here. That way there are no issues with 3rd party sites going offline/bandwidth issues etc.

All of the diy's & images are backed up here. That way there are no issues with 3rd party sites going offline/bandwidth issues etc.

I don't mean to get off topic, but basically if I were to remove the above pictures from my ImageShack account they'd still show up because they're backed up here? The reason I ask is because I'm thinking about switching image hosts because ImageShack is becoming glitchy on my end.

Yes, they'd still remain here if you delete stuff from imageshack. I've saved them to the server here.

Great DIY.

I'm looking at these ones. Wondering if they will fit okay. (For automatic)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12111556129...em=&sspagename=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

Comparison of eBay ones to Modulo ones.

View attachment 28091 View attachment 28092

I don't know. Some sellers give the dimensions for the pedals. I measured a set not too long ago and they measured up ok, but I couldn't find any feedback from other buyers for the 9th gen specific pedals.

Hey Chris I'm wondering if I need those 3 metal bars to go behind the gas pedal. ?
Did those come with the Modulo kit? As you know, I went with the Stut King set and they didnt come with those bars.
If I don't have the bars, will I have to use a different size rivet than the size you mentioned?

This is what I got in the kit....

image.jpg

Hey Chris I'm wondering if I need those 3 metal bars to go behind the gas pedal. ?
Did those come with the Modulo kit? As you know, I went with the Stut King set and they didnt come with those bars.
If I don't have the bars, will I have to use a different size rivet than the size you mentioned?

This is what I got in the kit....

View attachment 29609

I don't have the Modulo pedals anymore, Strut King everything now :hiding: But yes, the metal bars you're talking about were included with the Modulo pedals. They're not a necessity, but do add rigidity due to the plastic accelerator pedal. When I installed the whole Strut King pedal set I did so without the metal bars on the accelerator pedal. I highly recommend using rivets for the Strut King pedals as the included screws strip easily. You won't need to use a different sized rivet if not using metal bars.

Back