Glad to be back in a Honda!

amsfoto

Washington, D.C.
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Sedan
Recently ditched my 2013 Elantra, first & last Hyundai I'll ever own. I have a long history with Hondas but when I was shopping for a new compact in late 2012 I wasn't impressed with the 2012 Civic at all so I ended up in an Elantra. It looked nice & had a lot more features than the 9th gen Civics for the money but it just didn't have the personality. Another issue was the loss of value over just one year. Nothing holds value like a Honda it seems.

Picked up a 2013 Dyno Blue Pearl Civic LX, very happy with the color & the changes Honda made over the 2012 Civics. I feel like I'll be with this one for the long haul.

I'm a photographer/graphic artist so naturally I did a photoshoot immediately & did a quick mockup of my car with some Rotiform wheels & a huge drop. I'll post some original pics from the shoot later I guess, I feel we've all seen enough stock cars though.

My 2013 Civic
by amsfoto, on Flickr

I was a big into the 8th civic scene, I had an 08 Fiji Blue Si that I lost in an accident a few years back :[ Hope I'll have better luck with my 9th gen!

Thanks! Not really sure yet if I'll do anything. Probably tint & HIDs to start, I'd like to get coilovers & wheels eventually but my other hobbies take up most of my spare cashflow haha
lol my car is my hobby. if i had the money id have a project s2k but ill settle for my civic :)

I was consider getting elantra back in 2011, but then I remember it's not Japanese cars. Plus, I heard few horrible stories about Hyundai. It doesn't matter how good it looks and what feathers it has. It worth nothing if the engine is not reliable.

lol my car is my hobby. if i had the money id have a project s2k but ill settle for my civic :)

OMG yes I'd love an S2K...maybe in a few years when I can buy one outright I'll look for one, at the moment just need something enjoyable to get me around. A few years ago I would drop all my money into my cars but over time I've realized it's just wasted once you sell or get into an accident.

Welcome back to Honda. I strayed a few years back and regretted it the whole time. Great color by the way.

Thanks! Yeah DBP is great, so glad I was able to find one in this color. Honda has some of the best blues in the business.

I was consider getting elantra back in 2011, but then I remember it's not Japanese cars. Plus, I heard few horrible stories about Hyundai. It doesn't matter how good it looks and what feathers it has. It worth nothing if the engine is not reliable.

I wasn't happy with the gas mileage, it made some odd noises here & there & I could tell that after just a year some of the interior parts were getting worn. Also the Elantra has torsion beam rear suspension. I could feel it over bumps & through corners, just never felt as planted as the Civic does. Hyundai gets you in with the features list & low price tag but you end up paying for it all in the long run. I trust Honda much more.

Welcome to the site. That blue looks insane in the pic. Have much done to your 8th gen? Pics?

Welcome to the site. That blue looks insane in the pic. Have much done to your 8th gen? Pics?

I had a few bolt ons but I only had her for about 6 months before I was struck in an intersection & the car was totalled ;-; Tboned a Mini that ran a red light.tmp_IMG_152134401504324-990245844.jpeg

terrible... sorry to see

Was a sad day for sure, loved my FA5 & Fiji Blue was amazing. I've owned quite a few cars & none were as fun as my Si...loved how you could drive it to the limit & the power was so useable. Plus I really miss 8000+ RPM

Back