Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
**UPDATE ON PAGE 4**

So before I took off my valve cover to get painted (cool down the engine), I decided to lube the camber arm bushings to be prepped for winter. I saw that there was a problem with the bushings on my car. Keep in mind that I have a 2007 Civic Si Coupe, so the way the arms sit may or may not be the same as the 9thgens. I'm just giving you guys a heads up and I have been recommending these arms to anyone. And I still do. The only issue I have is the amount of spacing that the bushings look when installed. I did notice it at 1st but I ignored it bc no one has done any complaints on these arms...until now...which is me. Lol.

So this is what the end of the camber arms look. Notice that there's a lot of spacing that the bushings are making. About 1mm-2mm.
IMG_1603.JPG
I took off the bushings (with camber arms still on the car) and did a few inspections. Since there was a gap between the bushings, I'm guessing that it was causing the bushings to move a lot which caused a premature wear.
IMG_1618.JPG The other side doesn't look too bad.
IMG_1613.JPG
Luckily I have extra GSP bushings so I can do some comparison. The worn out ones are on the left side. Right are new.
IMG_1605.JPG
Notice the difference?
IMG_1606.JPG
Comparison at front shot.
IMG_1611.JPG

***The Solution***

What I did was use the same washers used on the other side of the camber arms to close the gap.
IMG_1619.JPG
So for all GSP Camber arm owners, please check your camber arms to see if your arms looked the same as the 1st pic. If so, you can get washers on a local hardware store. It's 1.5" diameter and the hole size is 3/4" for the washers. Get 4 just in case because the thickness of the washer might be bigger at the hardware store. If your bushings are not looking good, contact GSP and I hope they help you guys out and give you new bushings and washers!!!!

And make sure you use extra grease.
IMG_1620.JPG

Last edited:
Same **** with junk2 camber arms on the 8thgens. They had to release a replacement, and they still sucked. Nice solution.

If these bushings fail, I'll just grab a few from work. :giggle:
Same **** with junk2 camber arms on the 8thgens. They had to release a replacement, and they still sucked. Nice solution.
Thanks. I was hearing clunking noise. I thought it was bc of the cold weather, so I had to check. I will see how this solution goes. I haven't tested this out yet bc im currently working on painting the valve cover.

I didn't know skunk2's problem was the same as this.

I'll be checking mine when I lube then before winter. And if mine are failing I'll just have @Dar-Dar ship me some from his work

Good to know :thumb: @Dar-Dar How long have you had your camber arms for? How often do you check the bushings? Is this the first time you have noticed this issue?

I'll be checking mine when I lube then before winter. And if mine are failing I'll just have @Dar-Dar ship me some from his work
No way. I'd get fired. Lol. Contact GSP and make a complaint.
Good to know :thumb: @Dar-Dar How long have you had your camber arms for? How often do you check the bushings? Is this the first time you have noticed this issue?
I think I've had them since March, so they have not seen winter yet. I only noticed it when I heard a noise coming from the back. I knew it was the camber arms. So I decided to put lube on them and did some inspection/visual tests. This is the 1st time I've checked on the bushings since the install/alignment.

Id notice it since the first time i install my camber , i thought it was normal , but since i saw this im gonna buy those washer , thanks a lot !

I don't think the other side will give you the same issue bc the bushings are already pretty snug.

I think the gap is around 2mm. So either get two 1mm thick washers or one 2mm thick washer. I don't think it really matters which end the one washer sits, as long as each side have them installed on the same orientation (i.e. front or rear side).

Thanks for the heads up if I end up replacing the factory arms, I will have some nice aluminum bronze bushings whipped up at work.

Thanks for the heads up if I end up replacing the factory arms, I will have some nice aluminum bronze bushings whipped up at work.
The aluminum will probably make the ride feel stiff. Im not sure how much noise it will make since it will be a metal to metal contact. But at least you have something to replace the bushings with.

I took my car for a drive and the solution really helped. I was running over man holes, bumps, and cracks on the road. And I didn't hear any weird noise. I'll check these arms again sometime in November or before winter.

I had some custom "race spec" camber arm bushings made for my 8th, with delrin bushings w/ aluminum sleeve inside. I never got to use them but the feedback from the person who got them from me was that the geometry of the camber arm setup meant that the bushing sees a "twisting" force as it goes throughout the suspension travel, so some modifications had to be made to my virtually solid ones. This is possibly a reason why we're still seeing so many deformations with aftermarket stuff as their bushings aren't designed with said forces in mind.

Here's a pic of what I had done - They still needed washers though like Dar-Dar did.
P3122203copy.jpg

Back