H11 bulb in H8 Fog Light Housing? Bad Idea?

NateDaGreat58

Hi Everyone,

Quick background story... So after ordering via XenonDepot using their car buying guide (chose 15 Si sedan in drop down menus) it told me to order H11 lights for my fog lights so I did. It wasn't till I received the lights in the mail that I realized that the sedan calls for H8 lights and not H11 according to the car manual (should have checked that first). To fix this, went ahead and called XenonDepot up to see if they could correct my order and for them to update their webpage to say H8 instead of H11 for the sedan version of the Si. Customer service was great on the phone and was ready to help. Gave me a discount on my next pair of H8 lights and all was well until I looked at the receipt a couple days later and noticed that it said H11 bulbs and it was too late at that point to stop it since they already shipped...

Anyways, now that I have plenty of H11 bulbs, can I put those in the Si sedan's fog light housings? I was told by XenonDepot that they would technically fit and work, but to do so with caution since the car originally doesn't call for it.

By putting H11's in the H8 spot, would that draw too much power? Overheat and possibly melt the plastic? BTW these are the NOKYA 2500k 55w yellow fog lights.

The only issue would be the locking tabs are different sizes. You can technically file down the H11 to make it fit.

^ this. The tabs are sized differently. You'll have to file the tab down for it to fit.

Oh ok, didn't realize that filing had to be done. I'll look into getting the proper H8 version of these bulbs. Thanks guys!

I ordered a set of Nokya 2500k fogs as well. Same thing happened. Was told h11 and needed h8. Said **** it and filed down one of the tabs on each housing. They still locked into place. However, about 2 months later one of the bulbs went out. Ordered another set, but h8 this time. And still these fit into place perfectly, despite having a tab filed down.

H8s came in! Looks like I'll have plenty of back up H11s when these go out haha
427881985131d584789352773e93386e.jpg

Back