Header for k24's

WhiteFG4

Arizona
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
Coupe
I haven't seen any companies discuss anything related to making an aftermarket header. Is this not a possibility on this engine? I've read that the exhaust port is one big port rather than four and the stock exhaust manifold is cast on the block, or something along those lines. Any body have any insight? Thanks.

you are correct -

2293650306Picture071_small.jpg

bisi worked on a downpipe / cat delete setup

View: http://youtu.be/iq-UzpdOwTU

A sweep test of a prototype header on the new 2012 Honda Civic. This is the second iteration that makes 3.8 whp over the very first design, to a total gain of 17.3whp over stock.

other companies will surely do something similar.

Isn't that a 3 cylinder head, as in a V6? The reason they do that is to retain heat in the exhaust. The cat is bolted right to the back of the head, right? The faster they can light off the cats, the less emissions it will make.

I was just trying to show how the casting basically looks...sorry.

Here is the best version I could find showing the casting & cutaway - yet on the ima accord engine

honda2005accordhybrid01.jpg

I don't think I've seen one, but I will look around. We have a number of people who work for honda on the site... maybe one of them has an image

Look how horribly awful the bend from the head to the catalytic converter is. If someone made that bend better shaped in favor of exhaust flow, you could pick up some power. On the engine in the BMW E39 M5, it had terrible exhaust manifolds that were like that. They were just log manifolds like you find on a really old American V8. We made headers and were able to gain nearly 40 horsepower. I haven't had the chance to get under my car to look at the exhaust manifold. I'm not at work temporarily so I can't put it on a rack. I wonder if you could just make an easy bend, shift the catalytic converter down a little bit, and pick up some power. This is assuming the K24Z7 is the same layout.

Definitely have a bigger opening than the built in R18 head just from what i can see in the thickness of the rim.

Somebody needs to make something for this asap. I dont think ive been more impatient for something like this to happen:pray:

I believe Full Race is getting close to releasing a down pipe/high flow cat. I might get to test fit it on my car!! Couldn't be any more stoked!!

I've been looking around and I've asked BuddyClub if their headers are ceramic or stainless steel. I am patiently awaiting a response from them and will keep everyone posted when I hear back from them.

I bet this is going to be very expensive.

I don't know their projected price for it yet, but I'm assuming it will be around the same price as an aftermarket header. Probably around $400-$600. Again I dont know anything about their pricing. But I'll have mine on in about 2 weeks along with a full race 3" exhaust so I will let you know how it sounds soon :]

Well I just know that hi-flow cats are usually expensive on their own. So couple that with a downpipe and I am sure it will be costly. Hopefully the gains make it worth while!

I don't know their projected price for it yet, but I'm assuming it will be around the same price as an aftermarket header. Probably around $400-$600. Again I dont know anything about their pricing. But I'll have mine on in about 2 weeks along with a full race 3" exhaust so I will let you know how it sounds soon :]

I certainly hope it isn't in that price range. If you think about it the flange is small and instead of 4 different runners you only have one pipe to deal with. If their downpipe is just a cat delete then I can't see how it should cost anymore than $250 unless they incorporate a high flow cat into it (which I doubt).

Back