Hello from SoCal, getting a 2012 Si possibly, help?

Hello all, Im Blaine from Souther Cali.

I might be getting a used 2012 Si sedan this week and has some questions.

I see alot of people hate on the 12, like honda cut cost and stuff. I actually like the exterior so i dont see a problem there, and isnt the interior the same as the 13's ?? i know 14s have the lcd stereo and all that but i could care less about that.

it has 29k miles on it and dealer has it listed for 17999, is this a good price?

pros and cons of the 12 over 8th gen?

thanks everyone!

Hey there, me personally IMO I think its a bit over the price range only because I just bought my 2012 hfp yesterday with 55 miles and got it for 22.5k before tax. Regardless of the hate its on you whether you see yourself driving the 12. As far as pros and cons this is my first SI so I can't help there... sorry, but best of luck on your decision!

Hey there, me personally IMO I think its a bit over the price range only because I just bought my 2012 hfp yesterday with 55 miles and got it for 22.5k before tax. Regardless of the hate its on you whether you see yourself driving the 12. As far as pros and cons this is my first SI so I can't help there... sorry, but best of luck on your decision!
A 2012 Civic Si HFP with 55 miles on it? Was is being stored in a barn somewhere @Chris S.?

Welcome to the forum @Rando . I've had both the 12 and the 13 Si. I'll start by saying both are great cars. I loved the '12 when I had it and I'm sure you'd like yours as well. Having said that, the changes to the '13 made it feel like a completely different car. It was a lot quieter on the inside, softer touch plastics, rear view camera to name a few. There were also cosmetic changes to the outside like the changed rear end, the higher spoiler and the redesigned front. The engine remained the same.

I'm not sure if this helps or not. As I said, both were great cars. It's just whether or not the changes are important enough for you to choose one over the other.

I'm in Canada so I can't help with the price.

Good luck!

A 2012 Civic Si HFP with 55 miles on it? Was is being stored in a barn somewhere @Chris S.?
Honestly idk what you mean by "stored in a barn somewhere" but I saw this car in the show room 3 years ago went in 2 days ago to trade for an accord but saw that it was still in their inventory. So I jumped on it, due to the lack of people coming and asking for it since everyone wants the 13/14 si's sticker price was 29.5k but the GM wanted it out. Traded my old accord and they said 22.5 final offer and now she is with me.

Honestly idk what you mean by "stored in a barn somewhere" but I saw this car in the show room 3 years ago went in 2 days ago to trade for an accord but saw that it was still in their inventory. So I jumped on it, due to the lack of people coming and asking for it since everyone wants the 13/14 si's sticker price was 29.5k but the GM wanted it out. Traded my old accord and they said 22.5 final offer and now she is with me.
@Chris S. I am just shocked that a 2012 Civic Si would be sitting in a dealerships showroom for 2 years without someone driving it. Have you ever heard of people finding old classic cars in mint condition that the owner just left in storage and then decided to sell?

@JonnyRotten ahhhh now I see what your saying. Yeah I found it crazy but, it was just sitting there. Either way @Rando get what you like im sure youll end up liking it.

Summary of Changes for 2013
• Completely revised front and rear exterior styling (Sedan)
• Enhanced standard feature content on all model grades
• Recalibrated suspension and steering
• Extensive new NVH reduction features
• Revised interior styling including soft-touch materials
• Next-gen Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ II (ACE™ II) body structure
• Standard rearview camera
• Standard Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®
• Standard Bluetooth® Audio
• Standard Pandora® Interface
• Standard USB/iPod® interface
• Standard SMS text message functionality
• Available Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Lane Departure Warning (LDW) systems
• Two new exterior colors: White Orchid Pearl and Kona Coffee Metallic
• New interior color: Black

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2013-honda-civic-unveiled-at-la-auto-show.6047/

-----
Also, I'd check the vin number for potential oil issues or be aware:

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/excessive-engine-oil-consumption.6451/
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/does-your-si-burn-oil.4694/

thanks for the replies everyone!!

can anyone enlighten me on these k24s having recalls? wasnt it only a certain number of engines?

The vin range of cars that could have the problem are listed in that tsb thread linked above. They swap out pistons, rings, and other internals. They don't swap out your entire engine.

Back