Help! installed Q300, typical loudness?

veech_fg4

I have just installed a brand new Invidia Q300 CBE with a stock DP. Right now it has maybe 50-75 miles driven on it max.

It has a burning smell at the moment which I'm sure will go away once "broken in". But currently my main concern is with it's sound. I've seen a lot about of its a quiet system and "stock-ish".

Now, I do like the deep tone however it seems to drone when driving above 3k RPM and is pretty loud. Is it possible I installed it wrong, loose gasket or improper seating etc. Or does it quiet down when broken in.
I'm new to bolt-on mods and CBE is the only thing installed.

Last edited:
the q300 is the quietest aftermarket exhaust available. if you think it's too loud you best go back to stock

Do you have flashpro?? Q300 is the CBE I want for my si, but I've heard its almost pointless to add anything like exhaust without having flashpro first

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Do you have flashpro?? Q300 is the CBE I want for my si, but I've heard its almost pointless to add anything like exhaust without having flashpro first

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Exhaust + downpipe. Catback won't really do anything, but once you delete a cat, you will only benefit when having a tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I barely noticed a difference in sound with mine. Seemed stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And it's not that I find the Q300 too loud. I feel like I may have an issue with my exhaust system. Definitely no where near stock like what most people claim. It's very loud normal driving / drone on highway. Doesn't seem to becoming from the front where the Downpipe is, even though it had the most issues getting stock bolts apart due to rust. I used the new hardware and gaskets that came from invidia with the Q300.

Would it be possible the resonator in the mid pipe possibly got damaged at all, causing the excessive noise?

Take a look at the rear hanger. Your exhaust might be rubbing or resting on it causing the noise to transfer into the cabin. I have the same exhaust and have that problem. Been to lazy to go to muffler shop to have them remove and reweld hanger away from muffler.

Take a look at the rear hanger. Your exhaust might be rubbing or resting on it causing the noise to transfer into the cabin. I have the same exhaust and have that problem. Been to lazy to go to muffler shop to have them remove and reweld hanger away from muffler.
Thanks for suggestion. I will have to get back under my car for a look. That seems a little strange, after buying a 600$ Exhaust i wouldn't be so happy about finding out it needs extra fabrications

Back