Help needed to verify Speed Bleeder part numbers for brake callipers

JonnyRotten

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
coupe
I know that there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum.
I'm looking for someone to verify that I have ordered the correct Speed Bleeders for my front and rear brake callipers.
I'd really like to hear from someone who has actually replaced the factory bleeders with Speed Bleeders on both front and rear brake callipers and can confirm that I've got the correct sizes.
I don't want to get all set to replace my stock bleeder screws only to find out that I have the wrong replacements.
I'm driving a 2014 Civic Si coupe

The Honda part numbers for the OEM brake bleeders are:
45215-671-672 - front bleeder screw
43352-SM4-951 - rear bleeder screw

I tried to search the web using the part numbers to see if I could find what the bleeder sizes are but I had no luck.

The part numbers that I ordered for the replacement Speed Bleeders are:
SB1010 - front bleeder screw
SB8125L - rear bleeder screw

So if someone can let me know if they have used these Speed Bleeder parts numbers for their brake bleeder upgrades I would really appreciate it or if these are not the correct part numbers, what the correct part numbers should be.

:feedback:

update from later in thread -

Alright, fellas! Got it sorted out. I verified with my bolt thread checker. I can even tell by looking at them side by side which is which. The thread pattern is obvious.

This is for my 2012 Civic Si Coupe
Front bleeder screw: M10 x 1.0, SB1010
Rear bleeder screw: M10 x 1.25, SB10125

=
=
=
=
==
=
=
=
==
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
==

these two users have the same part #'s you have posted -

More parts on the way... P2R braided steel clutch line and some Speed Bleeders for all four calipers and the brake slave cylinder.

To those looking to do the speed bleeders, after comparing part numbers I found that our brake calipers (9th gen Si, likely the other trim levels too) do not use the same bleeders on all 4 calipers like the 8th gen Si (and other trims?) does.

Our front bleeder screws are Honda part #45215-671-672 (M10 x 1.0 x 34.44) - the same as the '08 element (and many others... 4 cyl Accord, etc.). Our rear bleeder screws are #43352-SM4-951 (M10 x 1.25 x 34.44); these are the ones the 8th gen uses on all 4 calipers. Our civic uses the same clutch slave cylinder bleeder as the 8th gen, part #43352-567-000 (M8 x 1.25 x 32.54).

Speed bleeders:
https://www-speedbleeder-zoovy-com....qqgkW/s=www.speedbleeder.zoovy.com/category//

F: SB1010
R: SB10125
C: SB8125L

Front……SB1010

Rear…….SB8125L

Clutch….SB8125L

When ordering Speed Bleeder, consider also ordering the Bag and Hose Combo. The bag is like an IV bag. It comes with 30 inches of silicone hose. When one end of the hose is attached to the bag and the other end is attached to the Speed Bleeder, it makes the messy job of bleeding brakes neat and clean. The hose and bag are reusable.

Speed Bleeder is also available in 303 Stainless Steel. The stainless steel bleeder will never rust or corrode and is polished to a brilliant gloss for the custom look. To order the stainless steel version go towww.speedbleeder.com click on “Secure Ordering” at the top of the order page you will see a selection “Stainless Steel”. Click on this heading and all the sizes available in stainless steel will drop down.

Also @dpetro1 and @ron v have been helpful with my dilemma as well. Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/clutch-delay-valve-removal.8624/page-17#post-411739
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/clutch-delay-valve-removal.8624/page-17#post-411765
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/clutch-delay-valve-removal.8624/page-17#post-411790

I'm about 90% sure I've got the correct bleeders now. @ron v verified the clutch slave cylinder for me. Now I'm just looking for someone to verify the brake callipers.
I just don't want to have to get into this project and find out that I've got the wrong replacement parts. I know I'm sounding a little paranoid but that's just how I am.

Hey @dpetro1, I'm curious to know where you were able to cross reference the OEM part numbers to find out what the bleeder sizes were? I tried to search the web and couldn't find anything.

I used rockauto.com. there is a tab for part# search. Drop the oem number in and it will cross reference with aftermarket replacements. The part descriptions have the thread pitch and length.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I used rockauto.com. there is a tab for part# search. Drop the oem number in and it will cross reference with aftermarket replacements. The part descriptions have the thread pitch and length.

That's awesome. I tried it just for fun and it works flawlessly.

He posted the same besides the ending "L". People online say the "L" is for "long nipple" for easy tube connection.

@webby @trustdestruction quoted SB10125 for the rear Speed Bleeder part number when in fact it should be SB8125. It looks like it's M8 not M10. Only the front is M10.

I'm reviving this thread because the information is not correct for my 2012 Si Coupe. I ordered the same part numbers provided. My rear bleeder screw is definitely M10, I just haven't gotten a hold of anyone yet at Speed Bleeder to confirm what the actual size is.

For my 2012 Si, I believe trustdestruction was correct with
Our front bleeder screws are Honda part #45215-671-672 (M10 x 1.0 x 34.44) - the same as the '08 element (and many others... 4 cyl Accord, etc.). Our rear bleeder screws are #43352-SM4-951 (M10 x 1.25 x 34.44); these are the ones the 8th gen uses on all 4 calipers.

Have to say I'm perturbed by the incorrect information. :banghead: Thank God my Civic is not my daily driver anymore.

I'll update once more, when I can confirm the part numbers through Speed Bleeder.

I'm reviving this thread because the information is not correct for my 2012 Si Coupe. I ordered the same part numbers provided. My rear bleeder screw is definitely M10, I just haven't gotten a hold of anyone yet at Speed Bleeder to confirm what the actual size is.

For my 2012 Si, I believe trustdestruction was correct with

Have to say I'm perturbed by the incorrect information. :banghead: Thank God my Civic is not my daily driver anymore.

I'll update once more, when I can confirm the part numbers through Speed Bleeder.
If you put
45215-671-672 Into rock auto it says m10-1.0

If you put
43352-SM4-951 Into rock auto it says m8-1.25

If you put
45215-671-672 Into rock auto it says m10-1.0

If you put
43352-SM4-951 Into rock auto it says m8-1.25

Thanks for the quick response, Webby.

I'm really thinking this is wrong. The rear bleeder screws are the same diameter as the front Speed Bleeders, which are M10.

I haven't heard back from anyone at Speed Bleeder. I called and sent an email. I'm just going to purchase the ones that Trustdestruction suggested, and try em out. I need to be done with the brakes by next Saturday so I can do the break in before my 2/28/20 track day!

I learned a trick, but it may not work for you. I now just open the bleeder let it drip slowly then tighten it back up. This takes out most of the worst brake fluid and doesn't seem to let air in, if a tiny bit of air gets in-it will go to the top after it sits a while. This does not to a full bleed of the lines and a tiny bit of air might get in but I tried it and seems to work well. I have speed bleeders on my srt-4 and I bleed the brakes at every tire rotation in exactly the same manner. I tried it on honda and a neon without speed bleeders does seem to work fine without buying the speed bleeders. Track cars are different there a Full bleed is req.:dancing:

Thanks for the input, sunofwolf. My FG4 is seeing 3-4 track days yearly. I will be using DOT 4 fluid, and thus it will need to be changed yearly. Dot 4 absorbs moisture more quickly.

I just ordered the SB10125 Speed Bleeders for the rear. I'll test them out later this week when they come in.

I also realized that the SB8125 ones I bought can be used to replace the clutch bleeder screw, so I actually have a use for one of them!

Hmm, looks like rockauto may have led us astray.

Looking at the speed bleeder website, it might be m10x1.25 front and rear? They don't have an application listed for 9th gens but the 8th gen is showing sb10125 for both...
d39d801b9d319faf8c6f3dfc59654bbd.jpg

Can we email them lol? I’m really curious cause I have to re bleed my brakes and I’m just gonna do speed bleeders.

When you pull a Honda part # it’ll show applicable uses, and it shows each part only works with front or rear and not both. I don’t know how they differ, but they are different from front to rear in some way.

When you pull a Honda part # it’ll show applicable uses, and it shows each part only works with front or rear and not both. I don’t know how they differ, but they are different from front to rear in some way.
I tend to agree here. The more I research the more confirmations I'm getting that the front and rear are different.

Other than @Civi9 stating the part does not fit, I would think the cross reference we did originally is correct.
@Civi9 did you physically try to install the bleeders and they were too small?

@Civi9 did you physically try to install the bleeders and they were too small?

Yessir! I pulled the rear bleeder screw out, and went to thread the M8 Speed Bleeder. It almost fell into the caliper, it was so much smaller! lol....

I'll take a photo tonight of the rear bleeder screw and Speed Bleeder side by side. In fact, I'll take a photo of the front Speed Bleeder next to the other two, for further comparison.

Thanks for all the help, you guys.

Here are the 3 next to each other. SB8125, Stock rear bleeder screw, and SB1010, left to right.

IMG_7861.jpg
And just for fun, here's some progress photos of the project!

IMG_7852.jpg
IMG_7854.jpg
IMG_7853.jpg
IMG_4775.JPG

BTW, got an email today that the SB10125 Speed Bleeders have been delivered, so I can attempt to install them tonight and get back with ya'll tomorrow.

Back