Help!! New to site and need advice on possible 2012 Si w/HPF

Everoo

Found a 2012 Si with the HFP package and it seems waaaaaay over priced. This dealership claims that Honda asked them to put this Mod on the car for the Auto show. I think the auto show was in Nov. 2011, and it's now May 2012. I know they've had this car a while, but if it's been 6 mos that's excessive. This dealership also claims they have no haggle pricing and over the past 10 days they won't budge off the pricing with me. They asked me when could they call me back....I told them they could when the price came down.
$22,975.00 MSRP
6,990.00 HFP kit
--------------
$29,965.00 Subtotal
- 3,500.00 discount
+. 599.00 Dealer Doc Fee
--------------
$27,070.00 subtotal
- 1,000.00 college grad discount
-------------
$26,070.00 Grand (and I mean GRAND!) total

So... Here's my questions....
Any idea when the 2013 Si's will come out?
-- I'm interested in the changes to the dash because it looks cheap on the 2012.
Doesn't the HFP mod kit really only cost like $3k or $4k??

Should I just wait til next 2013 comes out, hoping they have a cool HFP mod, and do it myself???

I LOVE this car!!! But don't want to be stupid!!!

You can build the car on Hondas site. It's $3830 to order the hfp package on top of the price of the vehicle. I'd just disregard the deductions and markups...and just look at the figures.

$26,975 msrp on Hondas site (no options/no nav/no summer tires).

You say they offered $1000 grad discount and then a $599 doc fee. So, essentially $400 more in your pocket.

$26,975
----
$26,575 (if you use the web figures)

They are essentially $500 off msrp with their offer

As for the 2013, there is no date. Only statements have said end of summer/fall at this point. No leaked photos/info as to what will truly change.

My dealer told me it would be about $7000 to add the hfp package. I declined because it seemed way to much for what it was. When i asked about getting just the lip kit it was around $2500, again not worth it for me. But with everything your showing doesn't seen like too bad of a deal. Maybe just go for a non-hfp civic Si if it seems like a waste of money. I feel for the same price you can add your own aftermarket modifications.

Buy the HFP kit off somewhere else (collegehillshonda.com?) and install it yourself.

^ that...and there are other coilovers you could get if you want something adjustable/lower.

Yea Hondas pricing for accessories online doesn't include cost of labor for installation. I think that's a pretty decent price if it includes the whole HFP kit (wheels + tires, suspension, lip kit, etc).

the truth about the HFP edition Si -- only available to coupes, only 500 total packages nationwide, must be purchased and installed at a Honda dealer.

weksos for the price.
*6-piece HFP aero kit
*HFP badges EVERYWHERE
*HFP red floor mats
*HFP 18" wheels/tire combo
*HFP suspension

all of that for about $7k give or take. i work at a Honda dealer locally and i absolutely REFUSE to order one of those kits "for inventory" -- i will not allow my GM to even think about it. that car would literally ROT on the lot/showroom.

people seem to be snatching them up..... a number of members have the full hfp coupes

more power to them, Webby... i just genuinely hope they didn't pay full sticker for them. :hiding:

when you say full HFP coupes, do you mean bought from dealers with the full package already installed? or bought an Si coupe, then the HFP package? or just the aero kit installed on a coupe?

bought them with the kit already installed from the dealer. Full hfp suspension, body kit, hfp rims, hfp floor mats, etc etc...already installed.

$26,975 msrp on Hondas site

I showed interest in getting the hfp for my car, and my sales man really didn't want to add it on. We talked to the parts manager an he said roughly $7k extra for everything. I thought about it and wanted to add just the aero kit, and he quoted me around $2200 installed. Obviously that soused ridiculous to me, so I opted to not get it. I figured for the same money (minus the intrest it would have added) I could spend the money on aftermarket parts. After considering the aero kit I'm actually glad I didn't get it, I like the clean look of no lip kit.

I showed interest in getting the hfp for my car, and my sales man really didn't want to add it on. We talked to the parts manager an he said roughly $7k extra for everything. I thought about it and wanted to add just the aero kit, and he quoted me around $2200 installed. Obviously that soused ridiculous to me, so I opted to not get it. I figured for the same money (minus the intrest it would have added) I could spend the money on aftermarket parts. After considering the aero kit I'm actually glad I didn't get it, I like the clean look of no lip kit.
Where the hell are they getting those numbers from? I added just the lip kit when I got my car and it was $1449 installed. We have an HFP Si at our local dealership and they are only asking $2700 more than the non-HFP ones. Now that $2700 is priced with a discount when you buy the car on the lot that has the kit already installed, but the retail price for the full kit otherwise is still only $4000 from my dealer based on the prices they quoted me. I think your dealership has issues...

Just checked the US website, and if you build your Si online it clearly prices the lip kit at $1370 installed if you buy it when you buy your car, not $2200. I just assumed you were in the US but if you're in Canada (like me) the lip kit is $1449 installed when you buy the car... which is what I paid at my actual dealership and also what it's quoted at online.

Where the hell are they getting those numbers from? I added just the lip kit when I got my car and it was $1449 installed. We have an HFP Si at our local dealership and they are only asking $2700 more than the non-HFP ones. Now that $2700 is priced with a discount when you buy the car on the lot that has the kit already installed, but the retail price for the full kit otherwise is still only $4000 from my dealer based on the prices they quoted me. I think your dealership has issues...

yeah, they did not want to sell it I guess :( once I saw my apr drop and my payments came down I wanted to add the kit and the sales manager did not want to re work the deal... so no kit for me.

yeah, they did not want to sell it I guess :( once I saw my apr drop and my payments came down I wanted to add the kit and the sales manager did not want to re work the deal... so no kit for me.
That sucks... sounds like your dealership employs a bunch of butt holes :bleh:

Back