Help with wiring

mazda_lexus

Can someone explain how the 4-pin switches work? I've been wanting to install ambient lights inside my car and have a switch to them but I don't understand what the diagram for anything works. I was gonna undo the cigarette lighter in the car and splice into that, so that when the car is on the lights are on, and when the car is off the lights are off. But if I wanted a switch instead, idk how to relay it. Especially cause later I want to do independent fog lights I need to understand how switches work. I learned basic electric work in a school for Navy but it's been years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you post the switch with their diagram? Does it have a light on the rocker switch? Are the lights you're trying to install led?

Can you post the switch with their diagram? Does it have a light on the rocker switch? Are the lights you're trying to install led?

I don't have a switch currently, the lights are led and come with wires to hard-wire them or use 12v source cigarette lighter. I was gonna put a switch but I'm gonna save the switch idea for the independent fogs. I just want to understand what the wiring is because I don't want to mess my car up. I've done it to my other cars but this is my nicest and newest car I've had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back