HFP Parts

Chase

Hey so another question for y’all if anyone may know- I got my tires changed and they told me my rear shocks need to be changed. I have a 2012 SI HFP which afaik has different shocks/springs then a normal SI correct? Does Honda stock these parts or will they be expensive/hard time to find? Anyone have experience replacing these?

I'm not aware of being able to buy the parts individually, but collegehillshonda would probably be your best bet for a solid answer. The msrp on the hfp suspension is basically a grand. They sell it for $770, but that's also getting you springs as well as shocks/struts.

I don't know if you have a part number visible on any of your shocks still? CHH doesn't list a part number just for the shock itself, so I don't know if that's even possible to get. You could probably get an answer super fast by calling them and asking for the parts department. They are super helpful & extremely knowledgeable.

You could ask for Paul if he's available.
Support 1-855-299-7244

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08W60-TS9-100.html

I'm not aware of being able to buy the parts individually, but collegehillshonda would probably be your best bet for a solid answer. The msrp on the hfp suspension is basically a grand. They sell it for $770, but that's also getting you springs as well as shocks/struts.

I don't know if you have a part number visible on any of your shocks still? CHH doesn't list a part number just for the shock itself, so I don't know if that's even possible to get. You could probably get an answer super fast by calling them and asking for the parts department. They are super helpful & extremely knowledgeable.

You could ask for Paul if he's available.
Support 1-855-299-7244

Do you know or heard from anyone if just replacing them with aftermarket or sometbing other then HFP would be cheaper/better? I live in Canada so that would be tough with shipping included but might be what I need todo as I don’t want my tires cupping.

I just realized you were the one who had the "cupped" tires a shop told you to replace. I didn't see any cupping at all on your tires. I'm not saying the shop was trying to scam you by telling you they were bad, but I didn't see anything in your pics.

Cupping will cause areas that are basically bald/worn followed by an area of tread, followed by bald/wear repeatedly. I don't see that at all on your tires. Can you look at them closely and see any wear patterns or issues?

cupped tires below

22GoLtX.jpg

f6zX2jx.jpg

I can’t check em out right now but Honda told me last fall that it looked like they were starting to cup but it was end of season so I put winters on. Drove on them this year and it got worse, took them to where I bought em and they said the tires are all showing “inside shoulder cupping”. The main problem was noise driving anywhere was obnoxiously loud.

The shop I got new tires from told me my back shocks are going and showed a picture. I believe that could also be an issue.
e85796f07c8e83f7cc574525a8aa8c08.jpg

Yea that looks like it is leaking some. You could get some carb cleaner or something (even soap/water) and clean that shock off really well and see how it looks in a few days, but I’d imagine that staining is the shock leaking.

Yeah judging by the price of the whole hfp kit I’m thinking maybe set of 4 aftermarket shocks. Found some for 500$. Do I gotta do everything when I do the shocks though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re going to replace the struts and shocks, you may want to look at truhart. They are one of the few companies making aftermarket setups made for lowered cars. That way you could just reuse the hfp springs if that’s what you’re wanting to do. Procivic is also a vendor on here, so you could reach out to them for additional guidance or suggestions.

https://www.procivic.com/p/ym/2012/civic/truhart-sport-shocks-struts.html

you can start a private convo with them by sending them a message here
https://9thcivic.com/forum/conversations/add?to=procivic

Edit above. Should have said *lowered cars ^. Phone autocorrected

Agree with @webby truhart is a good option. Affordable and they make a full front strut.
If you just want to replace the rears you can look at the koni orange or koni yellow as a good performance replacement.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Agree with @webby truhart is a good option. Affordable and they make a full front strut.
If you just want to replace the rears you can look at the koni orange or koni yellow as a good performance replacement.

So the HFP consists of the Shocks, Springs and Struts right? And by using that Truhart kit, I can keep my HFP springs and change the rest no problem? Sorry I don't know much about suspension at all.

So the HFP consists of the Shocks, Springs and Struts right? And by using that Truhart kit, I can keep my HFP springs and change the rest no problem? Sorry I don't know much about suspension at all.
Correct. For the front you will need to transfer the strut mount/bearing and spring to the new strut. Rear you just direct swap the shock and dont have to touch the spring.

Correct. For the front you will need to transfer the strut mount/bearing and spring to the new strut. Rear you just direct swap the shock and dont have to touch the spring.

Yea I think I will order these and then have the shop I use install them if they will.

Quick update on this- I ordered that Truhart kit, and got a call saying they are backordered until mid-late July :/. From what I could see these weren't specifically made for the HFP so what I am wondering if anyone knows if just regular 2012 Si compatible shocks would work for the HFP? I found a set local that are "recommended OEM replacement" Heres a link https://www.kyb.com/wp-content/them...Rear&mfrlabel=Excel-G&parttype=Shock Absorber

I don't wanna wait until mid july for these if they are the underlying problem for my tire wear, and since i just got brand new tires, i'd like to get it fixed ASAP. if anyone could provide any insight on that would be great!

TIA

I wouldn't run oem shocks in the hfp suspension. The hfp springs and struts/shocks were designed to be stiffer and work together with the 1" or so drop from the oem suspension.

I would honestly reach out to Paul about replacement hfp shocks if you're not wanting to wait for the others on back order. Just ask him if he's able to get just the struts/shocks without the springs.

Support 1-855-299-7244

I wouldn't run oem shocks in the hfp suspension. The hfp springs and struts/shocks were designed to be stiffer and work together with the 1" or so drop from the oem suspension.

I would honestly reach out to Paul about replacement hfp shocks if you're not wanting to wait for the others on back order. Just ask him if he's able to get just the struts/shocks without the springs.

Support 1-855-299-7244

Okay will do thank you! What is the difference with the Truhart ones though? As they didn't mention they were for the HFP, just SI.

Did not think about the difficulty i'd have finding some of these parts when I bought this car :p

Okay will do thank you! What is the difference with the Truhart ones though? As they didn't mention they were for the HFP, just SI.

Did not think about the difficulty i'd have finding some of these parts when I bought this car :p

truhart shocks/struts are designed for lowered cars, so the shocks are tuned stiffer for that.

Damn well do you know how much it could hurt leaving it for about a month. Probably roughly 2000-2500km with my commutes. I’m just not sure how much that’ll screw the tires up.

Should maybe just throw my winters on for a month lol they’re close to end of life anyway and more common tire size so cheaper then the low profiles.

good idea to sell those old tire's to poor people then get new one's, but it a poor idea to drive a car in bad condition till its fixed. I have two cars.

I wouldn't think you'd harm your tires much in that short of distance. I'd schedule an alignment though for when you have the replacement shocks/struts done to make sure you don't have toe issues or anything else.

Back