HJC AR10 II Helmet

SCFast

Santa Cruz,CA
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
Just curious if anyone is using the HJC AR10 or AR10II Helmet for AutoX or track and and looking for input. I need a new helmet and i am strongly considering The HJC. Thanks

jrotax is probably a good source on helmets... I'll shoot him a message to give input

The AR10 II is the best bet. It has the newest Snell SA2010 certification so is good until 2020, unlike the AR10 which will not be allowed for MOST HPDE events and some autox events after 2015.

My biggest advice is to try helmets on before you buy. Yes they have sizes, but everyones head is different. I only have two brands(out of 10+) that fit me adequately, even with them being the same size.

Thanks for the input.Yeah i was planning on getting the AR10 II SA2010 and also considering the Bell M4...Simpsons do not really fit my head so they are out.Have an old Bell M2 and also a Suomy M helmet i use when SM are allowed depending on Club. I am a medium in Bell But HJC medium is right at the edge and large might be slightly to big we will see.

Just placed my order for the AR10II today...Unfortunately there is not an HJC motorsports dealer for several hundred miles to try one on so had to contact HJC motorsports and they said that their CL-16 motorcycle helmet was almost an exact fit for the AR10 so tried one large and medium and ended up going with the medium i am at the very edge of that fitment right at 58mm but feels good we will see when it comes!
I will be posting up a review when it arrives...

What measurement does 58mm represent?

I've only ever squished my pumpkin into helmets until one feels OK. I never knew there were measurements.

Head circumference at largest point measured approx 1in above brow..Most manufactures 58cm is around a medium (not always the case in real world fitment but according to snell a large helmet is 60cm and up and in hjc's case large is 59cm and up)but it does not stop there also head shape has to be considered all manufacturers helmets fit different. It is a must to try on if at all possible because size will not tell the whole story.

Bobblehead FTW.

Unfortunately I'm a XL/XXL (62/63cm fitment). Whenever I raced I had to make sure my hair was cut short enough or it wouldn't fit properly.

Back