HJC AR10 II Review

SCFast

Santa Cruz,CA
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
Well here goes
I was looking for new helmet in the $400 and below range and after much research and deliberation between the bell M4 and the HJC it came down to the AR10 II.

The helmet features a removable Nomex liner,Chin Forehead and rear vents is pre drilled for HANS ,weighs 3.4Lbs and is the current Snell 2010 rating.The AR10 II retails for $299(White) and $312(Matte Black).. I ended up ordering from safeRacer and paid $270 shipped using a 10% coupon.

Got to put it to the Test today at AutoX and i must say i am in love! The Helmet is relatively light for a fiberglass shell I did not notice any fatigue (although i was only on grid for 40mins) The visor is easy to manipulate and has good tension,Eyeport is just right and does not hinder peripheral vision...The Ventilation is great never felt overheated and the Nomex interior is nice and plush and very comfortable. Overall Fit and finish is excellent on par with BELL and also my only other benchmark Suomy.

The one issue i had is that their are not any HJC Motorsports dealers anywhere local so i was not able to check fitment but after a call to HJC turns out their CL16 motorcycle helmet is almost exactly the same shape and luckily turns out that is true!

Overall on the first outing i give it i give it 5 ot of 5 Si's. If you are in the market for a new helmet in the $400 or less range i strongly suggest (if you head fit's that is) Giving the AR10 II a good look..You will not be disappointed!

Pics to fallow tomorrow i am to tired to snap any LOL

glad to hear your experience was a 5 out of 5 si's! :D

how did your autocross event go ?

Great actually put down a 55sec run laying down better times in stock class than several minis an STI,350z and a GTI Still awaiting results to see my standings those are just what i saw at a glance. All in all happy with the results and was still a little timid with it's limits being new to FWD.

congrats man... you know how many events you have under your belt?

First with the Si...Good thing is i found another guy running a '12 coupe and we talked suspension getting each others input.He was running RPF1's and yoko Neovas and i think he only had me by a second.

cards-500x500.jpg

any chance he'll be going to the cali meet in a couple weeks?

Back