Honda Adding 1,000 Jobs At Indiana Plant By End Of Year

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Honda said Tuesday it will add 1,000 jobs at its southeastern Indiana plant by the end of the year by adding a second shift.

herohminproducts.jpg

Greensburg plant spokeswomanAnita Sipessaid the factory's workforce will double by adding the shift. She said employees were told about the plans last week.

Sipes says the company planned to add a second shift since the factory opened in 2008, but that those plans were delayed because of the economic downturn, according to The Indianapolis Star, which first reported about the factory's plans.

"We were waiting for the economy to rebound so this seemed like a natural time," she toldThe Associated Press.
The March 11 tsunami that struck Japan and the widespread power outages that followed interrupted the flow of auto parts to Honda's U.S. plants. Last month, Honda cut production to about half the normal level because of falling parts supplies. It warned dealers of model shortages and said full production might not resume until the end of the year.

But Honda said last week that the situation in Japan is improving and plants could ramp up production on a plant-by-plant basis, except for those that make the new Civic compact. Sipes said the Greensburg plant hopes to begin increasing production this fall.

love the old photo for this article post... :giggle: '11 Civics were only in production for 3-4 months. shortest model year production in the history of American Honda :paper:
here's hoping this step helps! and QUICK! i'm running out of new Hondas here at work :surrender:

• Staff
that's from the Indiana plant site!

I've only driven through the city, as I'm originally from Northern Indiana. Definitely need to check out the factory if I ever venture through there again, as well as stop at the Hoosier Tires plant :D

Back