How Much Did You Pay For Your 2012 Honda Civic

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
This will serve as a thread where users can compare pricing they've been quoted for their 2012 Civic's.

When posting prices, please list as much info as possible to help users compare.

1. original MSRP (posting this helps users determine what options you may have paid for)
  2. Tax Info & Fees
    • with or without tax ( without tax is the most important, as every area has a different tax rate). One person buying a car at 20k with 5% tax isn't going to equate to someone who lives in an area with 10% sales tax. Saying you're buying for 22k OTD (out the door) isn't as helpful. Post up the price prior to tax if possible.
    • Fees - if you had to pay additional fees, mention them. Total your price up.
    • Interest Rate - one dealership charging .9% interest for 5yrs, versus another charging 9% for 5yrs can easily have an effect on the price you get quoted. Always try to compare apples to apples when reading what others are paying.
An example post may be : (info below is fake)

I bought a white 2012 Honda Civic Auto EX Coupe
MSRP: $21,255
I bought it for $20,500 + Tax
:thumbsup:

Share your experiences

I bought a 2012 Honda Civic LX in Urban Titanium Metallic
I got a deal for $18905.00 for it and with taxes and fees I took it home for $20633.06
I didn't get the craziest deal but I bought the car right when it came out so obviously I'm not gonna get the best deal out there. Also, I live in Long Island, NY and taxes are ridic. out here.

I got a deal for $18905.00 for it and with taxes and fees I took it home for $20633.06
I didn't get the craziest deal but I bought the car right when it came out so obviously I'm not gonna get the best deal out there. Also, I live in Long Island, NY and taxes are ridic. out here.

congrats welcome to the site :wavey:
any pictures?

thanks, no I only took a couple of pics, one my display pic and I took one of the engine, I've never seen such a clean engine in my life
mail

@desiguyinnc

Congrats! You have the car that I want (although I'm debating between Urban Titanium and Polished Metal). I've got a 2000 Civic LX with a crack in the exhaust manifold and rather than replacing it... I figured it's due time to upgrade. May I ask what your sales tax rate was? I'm trying to understand whether the (best) deal I got of $19.6k OTD is really... well, the best deal. Thanks!

• Staff
welcome to the site Dulce. The sales tax where he lives looks to be 8.75% based on his post location info. The tax is based on where you live (not your credit rating or anything like that). You can't really avoid that.

Both colors are really nice. I was debating between the two and finally got urban titanium because my last 3 cars have all been a shade of silver/gray and I wanted something a little different. And webby hit the nail the nail on the hammer with the tax price. I think your getting a pretty good deal for the OTD price of $19.6k. That's a good grand better than the deal I found and I contacted 5 or 6 dealers around my area. It's an amazing car and definitely worth every penny.

i am trying to purchase an LX 5 speed manual model in black. i negotiated a price of $500 under the posted MSRP in Yorktown NY. however i have not gotten delivery of my car due to an apparent recal because of a fuel tank issue. trying to find out more details.

Hey All,
Just bought a 2012 Civic EX Polished Metal Metallic
MSRP $21,255
Price Paid $19,300
Price includes destination. Does not include dealer fees, ~ $430 or tax 6.25%
Hope that helps!

Just uploaded a picture that shows up in the dashboard - so cool!

Back