DIY How to put on the JDM steering wheel badge

Nice video bro! Your emblem looks great. Did you get it from GRFXP? I got mine from there twice and it had a little chip at the bottom both times I bought it. Yours looks perfect though.

While some may laugh at the vid, a bunch of users have tried pulling their stock steering wheel H off & breaking it. They didn't realize it could just be placed over the stock emblem.

While some may laugh at the vid, a bunch of users have tried pulling their stock steering wheel H off & breaking it. They didn't realize it could just be placed over the stock emblem.
I did that, but I did research ahead of time and chose the replacement rather than using it as an overlay. I didn't know that the pieces holding the emblem could break off behind the airbag cover and fall in.

I was just kidding anyway because the nature of the entire thing is pretty funny. How to put on a sticker essentially. It's still helpful video, but funny at the same time that a sticker could be so complicated.

Nice video bro! Your emblem looks great. Did you get it from GRFXP? I got mine from there twice and it had a little chip at the bottom both times I bought it. Yours looks perfect though.
yes i did! it came in really fast too. i was surprised.

steering wheel badge - yes they are the same size as the 8th gen. The exterior emblems are not the same as the 8th gen.

steering wheel badge - yes they are the same size as the 8th gen. The exterior emblems are not the same as the 8th gen.
thanks.....the one i got with my other badges was of horrible quality and id like to order a j's racing one... the only ones i found are 8th gens

Well done on the vid. Level 1 mod that will surely inspire many new/beginner modders to work on their car and others to do fyi/dyi for the forum no matter how simple it is!
Ya, agree.....we all have to start somewhere. I remember when I put on my EZ Lip.....I took lots of pics and was feeling good about it. I appreciate anyone who takes the time and energy to try to help other members.

Last edited:
I did that, but I did research ahead of time and chose the replacement rather than using it as an overlay. I didn't know that the pieces holding the emblem could break off behind the airbag cover and fall in.

I was just kidding anyway because the nature of the entire thing is pretty funny. How to put on a sticker essentially. It's still helpful video, but funny at the same time that a sticker could be so complicated.

i removed mine too.. and i regret it every single day i didnt know it will be a hell just to remove it.. do you think the left over pieces inside the air bag cover are big deal or they just fine sitting over there?..

i removed mine too.. and i regret it every single day i didnt know it will be a hell just to remove it.. do you think the left over pieces inside the air bag cover are big deal or they just fine sitting over there?..
They might shoot out at your face during a car accident. Not sure if that would hurt or not given they are soft plastic.

I got my pieces out by removing the airbag (easy) and then shaking it around in the air trying to get the pieces to fall out. A couple would not budge so I used a utility knife to cut a slit in the bottom plastic of the airbag (not visible when installed) and then pulled that plastic apart a little bit and shook the unit again. Eventually I got all of the pieces out but there is a permanent scar on the front of my airbag cover from when the tool I was using to initially remove the badge slipped and scraped the cover. The scratch is less prominent now at least since it has had time to wear down.

Back