• A large amount of updates and changes have been implemented. Users who have been using tapaptalk will need to access the site in their phone browser. You should see a big difference between the desktop/tablet/phone styles to make navigation and site options easier to use. If you come across any strange behavior, or errors, please report them in this thread. If you have any issues logging into the site, please delete all 9thcivic cookies and then log into the site. https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/site-changes.16518/

Huge meteor shower Thurs August 11th

bauer311

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Fayetteville, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Hopefully we will have a clear sky in colorado tonight...oh wait, I'll probably be working on things for work in my basement......

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

13civicsi4

Ms
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
Sedan
That'd probably be neat to see I'm sure it won't start before I go to bed tho

• Staff

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Only happens once every 133yrs. You could at least see if it's a clear sky & if you could see some

13civicsi4

Ms
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
Sedan
I'm gonna try to remember and check before I go to bed.. It's been storming so may not be able to see much

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
THere's too much light pollution here. Let alone storm clouds. :(

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
I will try to transfer some stuff to my computer here in a little bit. I know I captured at least a few. It never failed that one would shoot past out of frame or behind me while I was aiming in another direction. Still cool to watch.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
I didn't feel like editing these, so they are what they are. I'm sure I could work with the raw files to actually bring out the milky way a bunch. I wasn't able to ever get anything great captured. Most of the larger streaks I saw always seemed to happen behind me or in another direction just out of frame. I stayed out for about an hour just repeatedly shooting 20-25 second shots in various locations. These look very lacking for photos, but it was quite a show from what I saw. A number of them streaked for long distances, but I never got one captured.

Um4roWb.jpg

Jv9CLog.jpg

tow9zqt.jpg

dQ847Gj.jpg

If someone had a bunch of cameras setup across the whole sky, you probably could have captured a lot of great stuff.