"I havin' problem.. installing Tsudo cat back"

samRai

CERRITOS, CA.
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan
Those Three Screws in the DownPipe or after Cat'Converter. giving me headache...? already saw the Tsudo inst video. but i don't have power tools. also it's hard to remove rubber in the hangers.

That's the part I had trouble with so I just took it to a shop and had them install it for 60 bucks. When the mechanic was trying to take off the rubber hangars he sprayed it with some stuff from a spray bottle which I assume was lube and wiggled it back and fourth. He repeated this process atleast 2-3 times for each hangar sooo they on there pretty tight. I would suggest just use some kind of lube to loosen it since it's rubber and should slide easy with some. And just use a lot of strength :p as for the bolts I read of people using breaker or cheater bars to help with unbolting those, I think that's what there called lol hope this helps a little!

What @Asteezy88 said. Also, get some PB Blaster or liquid wrench to use on the three bolts. You will definitely need a breaker bar (provided you have enough ground clearance) or a good pneumatic impact wrench.

Me and @TheSlowAndTheSerious would recommend you use an impact wrench. The bolts are way too over torqued. A better penetrating oil like Kroil might do the trick. But you can save all the hassle with an impact wrench.

Thanks Asteezy88 , squiggy , Dar-Dar , TheSlowAndTheSerious , for all the help. i couldn't reply yesterday night tried to DIY but it's so cold and I was so tired...lol.

But what i did is I went to a mechanic shop Today. for $20 this Good Person helps me and it took just 30 mins to install everything and don't have problem in Fitting.

But "Wow" I saw how the 3 bolts was remove, He use a pressured air tool Gun and a Big wrench and The Hungers, He did His way.

I like the Sound and I noticed a positive performance in the car. I can't say the Hp and Torque... cause i didn't tried Dyno test...but I felt a Big Good change in performance. Good Buy. :vtec: Alot of Thanks to all... :santadance:God Bless to Everyone. also I'll try posting the pics and video review at the Tsudo Catback soon.

glad to see all these helpful hints on what to use. I just got my Tsudo last night. Me and a buddy will be putting it on this spring so at least i have some ideas on what to use if we run into this.

Just looking around at catbacks and some people said the Tsudo was pretty loud. Just wondering what you guys think about the noise level. Thanks!

the tsudo cat is a great deal. i don't like loud... but right now i'm starting to like it.

Last edited:
I knew this is an older post but I'm curious how you liked the exhaust? I've been looking at getting this exhaust for a while. It sounds nice in the videos I've seen.

Back