Super Moderator
Super Mod
Toys For Tots
Charlotte-ish, NC
Vehicle Model
Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Body Style
@bootyluvr hates hatches
This will be the new ride for now until I get a wild hair to switch up, lol.

2015 Civic Si sedan with 76,8xx miles. Got it from a local seller and is in overall good condition.

Got a couple things I want to do to it fairly quickly but I don’t think I’ll be going crazy with mods. We shall see….

77,000 - 08/28/22 - Brakes. Brembo blank rotors in front, resurfaced rotors in rear. Akebono premium pads all around

77,530 - 09/11/22 - Oil change

78,273 - 09/30/22 - Replaced wipers and new cabin air filter

78,867 - 10/18/22 - Gentex rear view mirror with homelink and auto-dim

79,321 - 11/01/22 - PCV valve replacement and red OEM material on door cards

80,168 - 12/03/22 - Oil change and transmission fluid change

1A895780-7E23-4112-B6F2-A9212F1CBB4B.jpegCC2E2F11-1360-44E2-90FB-20527F780BC5.jpeg0921A52F-6083-49AF-B925-EAFB6F633686.jpeg

Last edited:
Sad to see your r go, but this looks to be in great shape

• Staff
That thing is really really clean!! Nice find
Interior is basically just as nice. The armrest in the center console might need to be replaced or a super deep clean. Drivers door armrest squeaks sometimes. Front seats need a good cleaning. Top of the steering wheels is worn thru….maybe a leather cover or replace the wheel if I can find a new one or a decent shape used one.

I'm hoping to get a new center console arm rest and a new wheel.

I'm kinda sketched on steering wheel covers

WAIT WHOA WHAT WHO
IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS?!
NOMAR SAVED A NINTH?!
AND ITS SILVER, TOO?!!!

WHAT A HERO!

200.gif

I'm hoping to get a new center console arm rest and a new wheel.

I'm kinda sketched on steering wheel covers

New wheel! New wheel! NEW WHEEL!

Each steering wheel cover installation deletes one star somewhere in the universe!

...How long until it's the literal sun that gets deleted? I don't wanna find out-- do you?

• Staff
WAIT WHOA WHAT WHO
IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS?!
NOMAR SAVED A NINTH?!
AND ITS SILVER, TOO?!!!

WHAT A HERO!

200.gif
I hope the prev owner didn't leave any kryptonite hidden somewhere in the car......

But Congrats Nomar!

I know with Subaru's you have to worry about used but what do you have to worry about used on an Si?

But Congrats Nomar!

I know with Subaru's you have to worry about used but what do you have to worry about used on an Si?
Was talking to the @webby about Subarus but nothing was really local other than one that turned out to be poop and there is always that 50% chance it will blow up, lol

• Haha
Reactions: Dad
You ******* with the side bets :rotfl: good one. :thumb:
As soon as he told me he was going to post the sale of the r, we both said booty would have something to say about it being gone. I said I bet he says something about being happy the ugly car is gone or something similar.

So I did a bit of digging on the car today. Ended up rotating the tires since the rear had a little more meat than the fronts.

Def need front brake pads and most likely rotors also.
Adjusted the negative terminal on the battery as some wires were touching a plastic trim piece.
Need to buy a few clips for the engine bay and the fender liners.
Found rust on the front of the sunroof frame. Going to buy a new rubber seal for the sunroof and treat the rust.

Would like to get some input on the brakes. The rear rotors look fine and they look to have been replaced already.

I’m thinking of brembos blanks for the front and akebono premium pads all around. Looking like $280 shipped and could add brembo blank rotors for the rear for another $120 or so.

I also saw stop-tech plain rotors all around and posiquite pads all around for $335 shipped.

Maybe just pads all around and clean up the front rotors? Not too crazy about this option, but open to it.

This is what the rear rotors look like in the rear…..
A73C827E-AD0C-4CC8-A00E-A6571ACFFF62.jpeg

These are the fronts….
AACD5CB9-DFFB-4CD1-B974-389A85F677F0.jpeg

Some of the rust spots on the sunroof frame….

037EAEE2-2FDD-40F1-95AE-A71825588613.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm using Power Stop rotors and pads, but I'm also not intending to do any tracking or anything right now. I also just have an LX with no additional power happening.

But, if I had an Si, I'd get the Brembo blanks and the pads you were talkin' about. I think you'll get good use out of them.

I’ve had the Stop Tech slotted roots under my Honda since I cooked the last brakes trying to keep up with Bruce. I think I paired those with street performance pads. They’ve been fantastic.

Ended up buying the Brembo blanks for the fronts and akebono premium pads all around. Rear rotors look fine.

I was going to wait a couple weeks but after some highway driving today, the car showed me I needed to step up that timeline. lol

They should arrive Friday and prob will install Sunday.

Back