I'm new...

gcos427

Arizona
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Hi everyone!

I was a member of 8thcivic.com and now I am activating a profile here because I just bought a new 2014 Civic Si Coupe. I will post a picture or two later today or tomorrow, when I get out of work. This is my third Civic. I had a 2002, as well as a 2008.

At the moment the new one is completely stock. I have not been able to find much in the way of aftermarket parts yet, so I am looking for wheels at the moment. I would like to put a suspension kit on the car at the same time, but I cannot find one for this model yet. I would definitely be interested in any advice anyone has there.

I have some ideas in my brain for mods, but I think it might be slow going since nothing is really out yet for it.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Welcome , I see you like your Civics. I think most of the aftermarket parts from the 2012-2013 model years will carry over. Same car , with some new goodies.

Welcome , I see you like your Civics. I think most of the aftermarket parts from the 2012-2013 model years will carry over. Same car , with some new goodies.

njhustler, thanks for the reply. Civics are great cars! I do not know that I will never not have one for day-to-day commutes. I keep a couple of other cars and toys in the garages, but for whatever reason, I always find myself at the Honda dealership looking for one of these. I don't know, I was not really planning on getting one of these, but I have been working on a Honda motorcycle project which has run into some delays. I stopped at the dealer on my way back from the welder and drove out with a car payment. Funny how that happens. Now I have 2 Honda projects.

I think I found a set of wheels I like, they make them in an 18 x 7.5 and an 18 x 9, hmmm I will have to figure out which to go with. (suggestions welcome) I have always had good luck with Eibach springs and if the application is the same, the front and rear sway bar and spring kit seems like it should be nice, unless someone can recommend something else.

Preliminarily, I was thinking about going with a buddyclub short shifter, but here again the application was stating that it was not compatible with this model year. I will have to reach out to them and see what they say.

Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks again guys.

Nice shots.

I'll trade you some Canadian weather for some Arizona sun. It's so hard to keep a car clean here.

I promise, after 1 day over 110, you might think differently... say what you want about the cold, but you can add clothing and layer up if it gets too cold, but when it gets hot, there is only so much clothing you can lose before the authorities are brought in.

Hey everyone thanks for the hospitality, I was just on one of the sponsors' websites looking at a suspension kit. This is what I came across...

Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 6.18.05 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 6.18.25 PM.png

I believe there was an upgraded rear sway in the 2014 Si so I am not certain if that has something to do with it. I will have to give Eibach a call and ask them.

Hey everyone thanks for the hospitality, I was just on one of the sponsors' websites looking at a suspension kit. This is what I came across...

View attachment 37120 View attachment 37119

I believe there was an upgraded rear sway in the 2014 Si so I am not certain if that has something to do with it. I will have to give Eibach a call and ask them.

Upgrading your front sway bar is absolutely unnecessary. The goal is to reduce understeer. If you upgrade both, you are essentially putting it back to factory balance of understeer/oversteer. Yes, the rear was upgraded. Your best bet is to go with a 24mm Progress rear sway bar and leave the front stock therefore reducing understeer.

Nice shots.

I'll trade you some Canadian weather for some Arizona sun. It's so hard to keep a car clean here.
I second @andre12dbsi comment. I'm not a fan of the cold.
Welcome to the site!
We have the same car :cheerleader:
I'd be careful when buying parts to modify this car. There are some differences between this year and previous years. I saw TEIN posted a pic on their website that the struts on the '14 are different than the '13 and '12.
I am waiting for either TEIN or Buddy Club to come out with coilovers for the 2014 Si.
Let us know if you find out any good information though. Everyone appreciates the input. :)

Upgrading your front sway bar is absolutely unnecessary. The goal is to reduce understeer. If you upgrade both, you are essentially putting it back to factory balance of understeer/oversteer. Yes, the rear was upgraded. Your best bet is to go with a 24mm Progress rear sway bar and leave the front stock therefore reducing understeer.

Hi squiggy, thanks for the input. I just took a look at the Progress site. They advertise the 24mm rear working for my car, so that is definitely an avenue I can pursue. I am going to figure out a direction to go with the suspension and then place a few orders. Thanks again for the insight, it has already been a great help!

Back