Injen Cold Air Intake

fritz

atlantic city, nj
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
:vtec: I just installed my Injen cold air intake today. It took me a little under an hour, and it's easy to install. Injen instructions are very thurogh and leave little to worry about. Once installed the response of the throttle feels really crisp and she sounds sweet to. You can really hear the Vtec pop now where before it was very quiet. Over all I think it was a good buy, I picked it up for 350 and it only took two days to arrive.

Attachments

• before injen cai.JPG
    before injen cai.JPG
    847.9 KB · Views: 123
  • after injen cai.JPG
    after injen cai.JPG
    747.5 KB · Views: 127
Nice. I like how that cai is more visible compared to the previous gen civic's. Lol.

im just a bout to pull the trigger on the greddy/takeda intake. was very seriously considering the injen but read it could throw a CEL and the cone wasnt necessarily in the best place actual air intake. any problems with these issues? what made you decide to go injen?

Looks great by the way!

I remember seeing threads for members losing 1/4 mile times with the injen and going back to stock. Did anyone ever figure out if it was just the intake or something else?

No tune on intake = no power gain.

im just a bout to pull the trigger on the greddy/takeda intake. was very seriously considering the injen but read it could throw a CEL and the cone wasnt necessarily in the best place actual air intake. any problems with these issues? what made you decide to go injen?

Looks great by the way!
I haven't had any issues with the intake yet, I just installed it this past Friday. No codes thrown or anything and the quality of the intake is pretty solid. Everything I read online about the injen seemed pretty positive and from people's dyno results including injen posted results made me want to take a chance and try them out. As for now I'm happy with it. It sounds great and the throttle response is better than before, and Vtec is very noticeable when it engages. I have not had a dyno done so as far as proven gains I'm sad to say I have none. If you go with another brand intake please let me know id be interested to hear about it.

No tune on intake = no power gain.
Let me rephrase this. 'Not much power gain'. Lol. But once you get Flashpro, you'll enjoy the car much more with the CAI.

Injen should start making 3.5" intakes since they will be hot products for the 8th gen Si's and FP is already out.

I have been happy with the intake thus far, it sounds really good. I have been getting low 15 runs still though. I just uploaded a base map from my new flashpro and the results in power and response are noticable. I am going to get a custom map done for this set up.
The only down fall to this CAI is the filter is not east to reach from the engine compartment. you have to tak out the battery and remove the shelf it sits on to install the intake. That being said you have to do the same to get to the filter for cleaning or jack up the car and go from underneath the car to do so without taking it apart.

any idea on when injen is coming out with the new intakes theyve been redesigning? And is there a reason why someone would buy any other intake other than this one (or other than a cold air intake)?

I haven't heard anything about them redesigning there CAI for the K24z7, but any improvments that can be made is welcome lol

Wrinkle red. It looks nice.

I've heard about it. Webby can clarify.

Back