DIY Installing LED Lights In Dome Light 2012 Civic

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Installing LED Lights In Dome Light 2012 Civic

View: http://youtu.be/5rZ5d8eiOIk

This video is to show you how to install a blue led panel into your dome or map light. Installation vid is for an 08 Civic coupe but the process is similar in all civics.

a thin butter knife works really well to pry the lenses out without scratching the plastic or lens

Just got my LED dome lights I ordered from Amazon. Going to install them tomorrow. Hopefully won't break the dome lens. lol

just generic 1.25" or 30mm festoon LED lights.... dont worry Darkk, just buy a nylon car interior tool, everything just snaps out....

mJHSwqzddAu-V_Xqq_OP-bQ.jpg

just the trunk is different, a t10 afaik, or this....

T-INSTALL7.jpg

i spent less than $15 to totally do blue LEDs throughout... :) nice DIY webby :wavey:

Yeah the lens came off real easy. I used a small flat blade very carefully. Took 5 mins to do the three. Haven't done the trunk and license plate lights yet.

Well, I guess these are pure white as it is bright as hell. lol. I guess I am used to traditional bulbs with a slight yellow tint to it. I'll give these a try for awhile. If it still bugs me might add some kind yellow plastic filter. All the crazy mods these days. lol

i hear u bro, i bought a couple cree LED flashlights..... wow they are bright! so i had to get some cree Q5 backup lights.... my trunk is pretty bright, but my interiors arent too bright, which i really didnt want bright, i wanted blue... u go any pics of the new LEDs in your ride bro?

IMG01123-20120407-2056.jpg

Here are some pics of the new LED lights. After looking at them a couple of times it's not too bad.

Attachments

• IMG_5372.JPG
    IMG_5372.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5379.JPG
    IMG_5379.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_5375.JPG
    IMG_5375.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 49
Yes it does. lol. Would be cool if it can change colors depending on the mood.

Give it time. I'm sure somebody will come up a neat way of doing that.

hahahaha im blue..... thats why i keep buying blue cars.... atleast i learned, dont buy whatevers on the lot, buy exactly what i want..... black and blue are my colors bro... lol

I got the dome lights installed but for some reason it got a blueish tint to it. The ones I ordered said to be pure white. Hmm...

This is where I got mine from:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0081GLU40/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Guess I will be contacting the seller to make sure it's what I am supposed to get.
My experience from ordering off Amazon same type of deal the map circuit boards were to big and a lil dremeling was needed inside the housing overall looked great. Does yours have a little Phillips screw on the boards to where you can adjust the brightness?

My experience from ordering off Amazon same type of deal the map circuit boards were to big and a lil dremeling was needed inside the housing overall looked great. Does yours have a little Phillips screw on the boards to where you can adjust the brightness?

i never realized they make LEDs that have adjustable brightness.. lol

Interesting. I will have to take a look at it when I get a chance. I didn't really pay too much attention to it as I was anxious to get it installed. lol. The board fit perfectly inside all the areas so far. Going to tackle the license plate light if the wind would just die down a little. Very windy in Northern California today.

Back