Intro post: getting a 2012 civic 4dr si

vmcguy

Glencairn, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Sedan Si
Hi,

Name's Mat, from Ontario, Canada. I'm getting a black new civic Si 4dr this month, just waiting for it to be built. Honda is a little behind delivery with the Thai floods. I've been a honda owner since I got my liscense and I currently own a 2004 acura TSX and an 09 fit sport. Here's a couple pics, one is my old 1993 civic si with fully build ls/vtec and the other is the Honda Canada race car. I'm a member of the race team, we're currently building a 9th gen.

IMG_2111-1.jpg

vmccar.jpg

:wavey:

Do you think you could share pics of the build? prob not right?

pretty awesome! If you can share pics of the build it'd be amazing... welcome to 9th

any reason you guys aren't going to have brake ducts?

Don't really need them for most of the tracks that we go to and we have some pretty massive brakes on the car. Most of the tracks that we run don't have many heavy braking sections, we ran some one race this past season only because it had some heavy braking.

Brembo GTR calipers?

What are you guys planning on running now AST bought Moton? Can you still get the old style motorsport shocks and the needed service/valving or are you going in a different direction?
On the 8th were you running the triples or 4-way?

We're reusing the old dampers that we had on the 8th gen. The rear damper collers jammed up on us last race and we couldn't adjust so now we need to cut them off and Moton has some new hydraulic ones that we can use to replace them. I guess it somewhat a common problem.

They are 3 way aluminum with coil over conversion in rear.

Back