Is this bumper repairable?

npdude

Macon, Georgia
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I would like to know if this is repairable and I think this happened after a parking bumper scraped underneath my bumper. This is a 2014 Civic Si and I'm kinda bummed that my bumper is already scratched. Do you think I can just glue it back on or should I take it off and put touch up paint over the area that is scratched?

78a34ee33eae1b60ca96e51ca0434bb5.jpg

maybe it's me, but I'm not seeing where the damage is?

I would like to know if this is repairable and I think this happened after a parking bumper scraped underneath my bumper. This is a 2014 Civic Si and I'm kinda bummed that my bumper is already scratched. Do you think I can just glue it back on or should I take it off and put touch up paint over the area that is scratched?

78a34ee33eae1b60ca96e51ca0434bb5.jpg
I can totally see how you would be upset by this. :(

Is the bumper plastic or metal? Do I have to worry about paint peeling? Should I just take that piece off and slab touch up paint on it?

I think the best way to repair that would be to have it sanded and smoothed out as best as possible and then respray the bumper.
It all depends on how much you care about what the repair looks like.
You could just sand it and use touch up paint or have it professionally repaired.

Well I guess just by looking at the car it doesn't bother me much. I mean it does bother me I got damage on my brand new si. I just don't want long term consequences such as paint peeling.
Sorry for many questions. As you can tell I don't work on cars.

Last edited:
I would try to cut off the little section that is sticking out with a sharp razor blade then follow up with touch up paint to hide it a bit more.

Only reason I would do this is to not have my wash mit get caught on the section that sticks out.

After you fix it..........
I'd back up in a parking place till the rear end just gets even with the curb(or line)(get out and look at it from the side)......
Then get back in your car, and with out tilting your head, look to the left and find a point on your window frame that meets the line/curb, and use that as a reference point for the future.
You have a 4-door so I don't know your reference point....... but with my coupe it's where the rear window frame meets the bottom of my window frame. (also your ht. and seat adjustment will be different than others).

Hey thanks for the tips Monk, but this happened to my front right side when parking into the stall head on. Have a rear view camera so I'm not overly concerned with the rear...but I'll be on the lookout!

Back